Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, my parents suggested I should do driving lessons and said it’s a good skill to have which I agree I’ve just never asked them because I know it is expensive in London and I’m only 17 and don’t have the money to pay it myself. I only done 9 lessons with an instructor (9 hours) and my parents expect me to have in them 9 lessons of manual learnt how to drive and have passed a test already from 0 experience. How is that even posssible for someone that has never drove before. In addition on my 9th lesson I was still doing turning manoeuvres I felt like my instructor was dragging it, My instructor was always wasting time on the phone and made me feel uncomfortable I didn’t even understand what he would say most the time but my parents picked him and had already paid for the 9 lessons in advance and now they are saying I’m useless and can’t do anything because I didn’t learn how to drive a manual car in 9 lessons which the first one was just him talking and the other 8 probably consisted of only 30mins driving each?

It’ll take at least 20-25 hours of driving to pass first time for most people
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Passing your*test*takes, on average, 45 hours of lessons according to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency. If you don't feel comfortable or like you are progressing with your current instructor then I would suggest finding a new one. Also, your instructor should not be using their phone during your lesson.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.