Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, my parents suggested I should do driving lessons and said it’s a good skill to have which I agree I’ve just never asked them because I know it is expensive in London and I’m only 17 and don’t have the money to pay it myself. I only done 9 lessons with an instructor (9 hours) and my parents expect me to have in them 9 lessons of manual learnt how to drive and have passed a test already from 0 experience. How is that even posssible for someone that has never drove before. In addition on my 9th lesson I was still doing turning manoeuvres I felt like my instructor was dragging it, My instructor was always wasting time on the phone and made me feel uncomfortable I didn’t even understand what he would say most the time but my parents picked him and had already paid for the 9 lessons in advance and now they are saying I’m useless and can’t do anything because I didn’t learn how to drive a manual car in 9 lessons which the first one was just him talking and the other 8 probably consisted of only 30mins driving each?

It’ll take at least 20-25 hours of driving to pass first time for most people
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Passing your*test*takes, on average, 45 hours of lessons according to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency. If you don't feel comfortable or like you are progressing with your current instructor then I would suggest finding a new one. Also, your instructor should not be using their phone during your lesson.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.