The Student Room Group

psychology applicants

I'm hoping to apply for psychology this next UCAS round since I messed up UCAS this year and need advice!

what's the process like? how hard do you find it? what do you want to do? what's your timetable like?

I can't decide if I should do distance learning and get a job since I can't afford anything right now and my parents can't either or if I should do a gap year and then full time education? I've been distance learning lots this year but I'm worried employers won't find me as qualified etc.

I'm only predicted BCC at the end of the year so if anyone could give me tips on how they got their grades up that'd help too since I know psychology is so competitive and hard to get into now.

thanks! -R
Reply 1
Hello there :smile:,
I've also applied for psychology and the process is not very difficult but it is time consuming. The personal statement section is the worst because you need to make yourself shine. Some Universities like Bath do have webminars basically online seminars that you can do, just have a look around and you'll find quite a few:smile: In any case you can always apply for a student loan, maintenance loan and some universities will even give you bursaries or scholarships:smile: Also if you want to improve I'd advise you to talk to your teacher on how you can improve. I did that and my grade was launched from a C to an A* as they'll tell you exactly what you need to do. Also understand the paper and how to answer questions:smile: Hope that helps
Reply 2
Original post by SofiaTW
Hello there :smile:,
I've also applied for psychology and the process is not very difficult but it is time consuming. The personal statement section is the worst because you need to make yourself shine. Some Universities like Bath do have webminars basically online seminars that you can do, just have a look around and you'll find quite a few:smile: In any case you can always apply for a student loan, maintenance loan and some universities will even give you bursaries or scholarships:smile: Also if you want to improve I'd advise you to talk to your teacher on how you can improve. I did that and my grade was launched from a C to an A* as they'll tell you exactly what you need to do. Also understand the paper and how to answer questions:smile: Hope that helps

thanks so much!! that really helps ♥️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending