Turn on thread page Beta

Made a mistake on my insurance. Should I change them? watch

ReputationRep:
    I insured my car online on Friday, me as the main driver with a provisional licence and my mother and father as named drivers. When I was reading the police yesterday I noticed 2 mistakes. One was that it said my house is rented but it’s privatly owned by my father and the other mistake is that I said neither my mother or my father own a car but they both do. Should I change this or would it be ok?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Meg846)
    I insured my car online on Friday, me as the main driver with a provisional licence and my mother and father as named drivers. When I was reading the police yesterday I noticed 2 mistakes. One was that it said my house is rented but it’s privatly owned by my father and the other mistake is that I said neither my mother or my father own a car but they both do. Should I change this or would it be ok?
    Yes you should notify them of the mistakes. Insurance companies will use any slight error to avoid paying out for a claim.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely tell them, insurance companies don't like paying out and will literally find any excuse not to.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Meg846)
    As above. I'd definitely tell them; the insurance finds any little detail not to pay out in an event of a crash. Also, if you leave it you may risk your policy getting cancelled, which leaves you with hefty premiums in the future.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.