Turn on thread page Beta

Is my driving instructor holding me back? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I’ve had like 3 lessons so far and I’m a good driver as i also have private lessons. My driving instructor has not taught me any manoeuvres or let me attempt any and she only lets me drive in quite residential roads. Is this normal for new learners
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yes. But tbh they should be going at your pace, if you're ready to start manoeuvres ask.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Chill, you've only had 3 with her. She's probably just trying to gauge what your actual ability is. Private lessons don't mean anything if you've been taught the "incorrect" way which wouldn't be accepted by the examiner on your test.

ReputationRep:
    I was still doing roads of a speed limit of 30mph in my third lesson. Manouveres are generally taught when you are quite good at driving on all types of roads and are at a point where you have covered roundabouts and crossroads.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.