Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I've applied for architecture but I wasn't sure if I'd get offers so I didn't apply to top unis for the subject. I have 4 unconditionals and an interview. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on clearing or could recommend any particular architecture courses. Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Cecelia Tallice)
    So I've applied for architecture but I wasn't sure if I'd get offers so I didn't apply to top unis for the subject. I have 4 unconditionals and an interview. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on clearing or could recommend any particular architecture courses. Thanks
    Congratulations on your offers.

You don’t necessarily have to wait until clearing. Ucas Extra opens on Monday. Have a look at which architecture courses are listed with vacancies and ring up any you’re interested in to check they have genuine vacancies and whether your qualifications are a good match.

To enter extra you have to decline all of your offers - but again if there’s any that you would want as a fall back you can speak to them on the phone to ask if they would normally be willing to reoffer to you in extra or clearing if your applications elsewhere aren’t successful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Congratulations on your offers.

You don’t necessarily have to wait until clearing. Ucas Extra opens on Monday. Have a look at which architecture courses are listed with vacancies and ring up any you’re interested in to check they have genuine vacancies and whether your qualifications are a good match.

To enter extra you have to decline all of your offers - but again if there’s any that you would want as a fall back you can speak to them on the phone to ask if they would normally be willing to reoffer to you in extra or clearing if your applications elsewhere aren’t successful.
    I don't have the confidence to decline my offers. Supposing I was given a conditional offer after my interview? Would that effect if i had to decline offers through extra?
    Perhaps it would be better to wait for clearing my understanding is that you can withhold any offers whilst going through clearing.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Cecelia Tallice)
    I don't have the confidence to decline my offers. Supposing I was given a conditional offer after my interview? Would that effect if i had to decline offers through extra?
    Perhaps it would be better to wait for clearing my understanding is that you can withhold any offers whilst going through clearing.
    Asking universities you’re interested in whether they are open and would consider you is not declining your offers.

Asking your current universities whether they’re likely to honour the original offer if you are unsuccessful in extra is not declining your offers.

Speak to universities to find out how risky it would be to decline your offers and use extra and THEN make a decision

You cannot use extra or clearing while holding offers. If you have a firm choice then most universities will refuse to speak to you about a place in clearing. They don’t have time then to deal with hypothetical applicants and they would be breaking ucas rules to do that.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.