The Student Room Group

Loan overpayment

Hello
I have a two part question.
Part 1: I have been withdrawn from my university on the first day of my course. I have been re-assessed by sfe for this academic year and and am entitled to no funding. However, given that this was the first day of the second year of my degree does this mean that I have only two years of funding left?

Part 2: I was originally given money by sfe for this academic year and since withdrawing I have set up a repayment plan with the slc. I would like to know what implications this has on future applications of finance.
Do I have to finish paying back this money before I re-apply to uni?
Can I take out an advanced learner loan given that I’ve alredy accessed a student loan and am paying it back?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by Bert48’
Hello
I have a two part question.
Part 1: I have been withdrawn from my university on the first day of my course. I have been re-assessed by sfe for this academic year and and am entitled to no funding. However, given that this was the first day of the second year of my degree does this mean that I have only two years of funding left?

Part 2: I was originally given money by sfe for this academic year and since withdrawing I have set up a repayment plan with the slc. I would like to know what implications this has on future applications of finance.
Do I have to finish paying back this money before I re-apply to uni?
Can I take out an advanced learner loan given that I’ve alredy accessed a student loan and am paying it back?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Bert,

Students are entitled to the length of their course plus an additional year minus any previous study, with regards to Advanced Learning Loans you will need to contact them direct on 0300 100 0619.

Thanks

Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending