Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You are an EU citizen?
    Did you arrive to live in this country before 1 Sept 2017?
    Were you living with the EEA in the previous three years i.e back to 1 Sept 2014?

    Yes they will require evidence.

    Many EU students use this method to get a maintenance grant.
    I don't know why I kept skipping the word EEA... I actually feel embarrassed.

    I went to the gov.uk website and on the calculator, it says: Most EU full-time students don’t qualify for help with living costs (known as ‘maintenance’)... (most of them are working that's why I don't understand why it says this.)
    On the website, it doesn't let me apply for anything, maybe next year...
    Thank you! I was so (wrongly) sure that I didn't meet the requirements...

University open days

  • Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.