Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have an interview with waitrose on Monday, everywhere online seems to say it's going to be a group interview but the email says nothing about a group interview. I'm wondering if anyone knows if it will be or not. It says the interview will take 1 hour. I'm a terrible public speaker is why I ask lol.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Tf96)
    Hi, I have an interview with waitrose on Monday, everywhere online seems to say it's going to be a group interview but the email says nothing about a group interview. I'm wondering if anyone knows if it will be or not. It says the interview will take 1 hour. I'm a terrible public speaker is why I ask lol.
    https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Intervie...0,8_KO9,30.htm
    Just look at the other interviews for more questions.

Doubt theres much time to do much group stuff if its an hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Intervie...0,8_KO9,30.htm
    Just look at the other interviews for more questions.

Doubt theres much time to do much group stuff if its an hour.
    I have checked that out already I was more wondering if anyone could confirm that they was told it'd be a group assessment as none of the emails or texts I've had have mentioned the word group. Id like to know what to prepare for is all

ReputationRep:
    From what I remember there was a good interview once you passed the individual interview so on another day
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Tf96)
    I have checked that out already I was more wondering if anyone could confirm that they was told it'd be a group assessment as none of the emails or texts I've had have mentioned the word group. Id like to know what to prepare for is all
    Then wouldnt it be logical to ask them?

ReputationRep:
    Then wouldnt it be logical to ask them?
    Wouldn't it be logical to not answer a question with unhelpful information? I dont fancy ringing them and asking questions about my interview. I'm asking here because I've seen various questions about interviews
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Tf96)
    Wouldn't it be logical to not answer a question with unhelpful information? I dont fancy ringing them and asking questions about my interview. I'm asking here because I've seen various questions about interviews
    Unhelpful? you mean the fastest way to get the answer you want?

Just pick up the phone and ask. Are you scared if the phone? HR wont mind.

How do you know it doesnt vary from store to store? If they have suggested a slot for one hour then any scope for group assessment seems extremely limited. Going through the other interviews would have flagged up if it was policy.

ReputationRep:
    Unhelpful? you mean the fastest way to get the answer you want?

Just pick up the phone and ask. Are you scared if the phone? HR wont mind.

How do you know it doesnt vary from store to store? If they have suggested a slot for one hour then any scope for group assessment seems extremely limited. Going through the other interviews would have flagged up if it was policy.
    That's why I asked on here because every other interview seems to have been group I wanted to know if they were told it was going to be, I know how picky waitrose are and I wouldn't want to put them off by ringing them and asking questions about the interview. I have to nail this lol

ReputationRep:
    An update for anyone whos interviewing soon. the interview went really well, it was a 1 to 1, or 1 to 2 should I say as it was two interviewers, they started by asking about myself and then left me alone for 20 minutes with a list of things that needed doing along with the profiles of several employees and I had to decide who would do what and why and what was most important. Then they asked me and few more questions about myself and that was it.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.