Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need some advice please! I have one conditional offer to read Law at Bristol given that I meet their AAA/A criteria and have made it my firm choice. However I've unexpectedly missed the mark by one grade and ended up with an AAB/B instead. I'm now super worried because Bristol's my only offer and I don't have any insurance choice (rejected by the rest)

1) Which department should I send my results to?

2) Should I provide an explanation/statement to "persuade" Bristol to give me a chance or would that just make things even worst?

3) What are my chances of getting in despite missing the required grades?

4) Should the worst really occur and I end up getting rejected, will I still stand a chance via UCAS Extra/Clearing to read Law at unis like Warwick, Nottingham, Brimmingham, Queen Mary?

Really at a lost now, very much devastated and worried that my dream of becoming a lawyer is going to get crushed. I understand that there are other UK unis with lower requirements where I can get get a law degree from. However, unfortunately I'm an international student and the country I reside in only recognizes a small handful of U.K. Universities whereby graduates are then allowed to practice Law, hence my choices are really limited.

I would very much appreciate if anyone could give me some tips. Thanks for taking the time to read through my lengthy message
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Chloe.D)
    I need some advice please! I have one conditional offer to read Law at Bristol given that I meet their AAA/A criteria and have made it my firm choice. However I've unexpectedly missed the mark by one grade and ended up with an AAB/B instead. I'm now super worried because Bristol's my only offer and I don't have any insurance choice (rejected by the rest)

1) Which department should I send my results to?

2) Should I provide an explanation/statement to "persuade" Bristol to give me a chance or would that just make things even worst?

3) What are my chances of getting in despite missing the required grades?

4) Should the worst really occur and I end up getting rejected, will I still stand a chance via UCAS Extra/Clearing to read Law at unis like Warwick, Nottingham, Brimmingham, Queen Mary?

Really at a lost now, very much devastated and worried that my dream of becoming a lawyer is going to get crushed. I understand that there are other UK unis with lower requirements where I can get get a law degree from. However, unfortunately I'm an international student and the country I reside in only recognizes a small handful of U.K. Universities whereby graduates are then allowed to practice Law, hence my choices are really limited.

I would very much appreciate if anyone could give me some tips. Thanks for taking the time to read through my lengthy message
    Send your grades to the admissions department generally trying to explain things won't make a difference so you ll just have to wait and see what they say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Send your grades to the admissions department generally trying to explain things won't make a difference so you ll just have to wait and see what they say.
    Ah okay thanks! :crossedf: Any idea what my chances will be like for UCAS Extra's available Law courses in the RG unis?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I can't say that I've looked at extra for law the past few years so i m not sure i m afraid

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.