Turn on thread page Beta

Getting Over Her watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I’ll try to keep this as short as possible. There was this girl who completed her silver DofE at a charity shop I volunteer at but I didn’t have the balls to give her my number before she finished her 6 months. I probably held back because she is 16 in Y11 and I am Y13 sixth form at another school, but in hindsight our maturities are quite similar.

I have found her on facebook but cannot request or message her as she has a private account. The only other social media I can find for her is instagram. I messaged her 2 weeks ago but got no reply. I would be fine if she didn’t want to get in touch with me but the fact that I don’t know if she’s seen the message is killing me.

How can I get over her?

Or should I try something else to find her?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by The Introvert)
    I’ll try to keep this as short as possible. There was this girl who completed her silver DofE at a charity shop I volunteer at but I didn’t have the balls to give her my number before she finished her 6 months. I probably held back because she is 16 in Y11 and I am Y13 sixth form at another school, but in hindsight our maturities are quite similar.

I have found her on facebook but cannot request or message her as she has a private account. The only other social media I can find for her is instagram. I messaged her 2 weeks ago but got no reply. I would be fine if she didn’t want to get in touch with me but the fact that I don’t know if she’s seen the message is killing me.

How can I get over her?

The charity shop will have her details. They arent allowed to provide them to you although they could pass on a message.

Alternatively you could send a message to the school and they might pass it on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    The charity shop will have her details. They arent allowed to provide them to you although they could pass on a message.

Alternatively you could send a message to the school and they might pass it on.
    I think my main problem is that I am nothing short of a social mess and am incredibly anxious about getting anyone else involved, particularly as I’ve never done this whole dating thing before.I think that asking the manager of the shop is my last resort, so I’ll try it when I see her next week. Thanks for the advice!

ReputationRep:

How can I get over her?

NGL it seems like she may not feel the same. I'd move on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bham369)
    NGL it seems like she may not feel the same. I'd move on
    I did forget to mention that I did not state my feelings in the message. I was just starting with a simple ‘hey!’

That being said, you probably have a point it’s just the uncertainty that hurts.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I think my main problem is that I am nothing short of a social mess and am incredibly anxious about getting anyone else involved, particularly as I’ve never done this whole dating thing before.I think that asking the manager of the shop is my last resort, so I’ll try it when I see her next week. Thanks for the advice!
    Then your next issue is assuming you get to talk to her, you are going to have a challenge saying or doing anything? Anxiety of shyness? You need to figure that out.

You could just say you regret you didnt say goodbye properly and youd like to keep in contact? I assume you got on well? You just have to push through. If you got on well then am sure she wont mind and she can always refuse. Do pursue it or you will waste too much energy wondering.

ReputationRep:
    I did forget to mention that I did not state my feelings in the message. I was just starting with a simple ‘hey!’

That being said, you probably have a point it’s just the uncertainty that hurts.
    I know it hurts which is why you need to let it go. Trust me the longer you hold on the worse it gets.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.