Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who else thought it would be a little bigger and better than it was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hollycute2018)
    That’s literally my only problem with McDs is that their burgers are all too small and never fill me up

ReputationRep:
    It sealed the deal. I am never going back to McDs again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SherlockD)
    That’s literally my only problem with McDs is that their burgers are all too small and never fill me up
    I know right XD Such a let down.. It's never like when you order food in other places. I would not even mind paying a bit more for a bigger burger

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was great, although I had never had a regular big mac before. It's still about 700 calories on its own so I wouldn't want it to be much bigger.

ReputationRep:
    My partner's had it twice and been disappointed, they've definitely been skimping on the sauce
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    There's an innuendo somewhere in here.

ReputationRep:
    It's 1370 calories when combined with large fries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrSocSciences)
    It's 1370 calories when combined with large fries.
    Add a milkshake and a McFlurry and it becomes a whole day's worth of calories.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'll have to try one for tomorrow night's dinner.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, everyone’s been losing out because the BIG MAC JR. is honestly the best burger they currently sell and definitely better than the other two Big Mac’s.

Sometimes smaller is better people! There is way more flavour in the Big Mac Jr because the sauce and pickle to beef and bun ratio is fantastic.

If you really don’t believe me then continue to enjoy your bready dry giant Big Mac’s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    My partner's had it twice and been disappointed, they've definitely been skimping on the sauce
    Mayhaps your partner ain't too bright. And his account is far from "definite".

It is quite foolhardy to suggest one or two McDonald's burger-building habits are pervasive across the UK. The issue you faced in your small sample could be attributable to one bad cook. I refer you to my first contention.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    moved to food and drink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    Mayhaps your partner ain't too bright. And his account is far from "definite".

It is quite foolhardy to suggest one or two McDonald's burger-building habits are pervasive across the UK. The issue you faced in your small sample could be attributable to one bad cook. I refer you to my first contention.
    Not saying it's definite, it's just his experience of it that others have echoed as well

You don't have to get all self-righteous just because someone doesn't share the same opinion as you

ReputationRep:
    Not saying it's definite, it's just his experience of it that others have echoed as well

You don't have to get all self-righteous just because someone doesn't share the same opinion as you
    I am just saying, let's not ruin the reputation of a leading fast food chain based on one person's experience of one McDonald's cook's cooking. You know, you need to be more open minded ultimately.

You'll get there in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    I am just saying, let's not ruin the reputation of a leading fast food chain based on one person's experience of one McDonald's cook's cooking. You know, you need to be more open minded ultimately.

You'll get there in the end.
    One person's opinion of McDonalds is hardly going to ruin their reputation

It's sad that you care so much

ReputationRep:
    It concerns me how a simple thread on Big Macs is turning into a full blown debate

What a very TSR thing to do

ReputationRep:
    One person's opinion of McDonalds is hardly going to ruin their reputation

It's sad that you care so much
    Here she goes straight to the insulting phase.

You and I have very different ideas of what constitutes "sad".

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.