Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm trying to sort out my firm choice to study History at university in September. I went to the offer holder day yesterday and I loved the history course but the actual campus felt really empty and quiet so I was just wondering what it is like on a normal day. Is there much of a community feel? Is it a friendly campus? Has anyone who is studying there got any views on the university or the history course.

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I love Exeter. There is a really good community feel, provided you actually get involved in stuff. There are over 100 societies at Exeter; most subjects have their own societies and some have societies for specific interests within that subject, there are also loads of 'just for fun' societies, like Hide and Seek, Quidditch, or basically all sports. Lots of societies also host events together so you can always meet new people or try new things. There are also lots of open events throughout the year that anyone can join, like Holi, Chinese New Year, Jailbreak, Assassins etc.
    The campus tends to be quite busy during the week, especially at lunch time, and doubly so if the Farmers Market (mostly just really nice food trucks) is there. I don't know if you went during reading week, exams or just bad weather but there are usually lots of people.
    The thing with Exeter is that most of the social, community, stuff is society based, so as long as you have interests and join you'll be fine. As far a I know the people who struggle are the people who refuse to join anything, or who just want to party. Exeter isn't really a party university so if that's what you want it's probably not the best choice.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I’m really interested in joining societies and I don’t want a party university!

I visited during exam week and on a Saturday so I think I just got unlucky.

I think I’m going to firm Exeter.

Have you got any other advice about Exeter or anything you think I should know please? Do you know what accommodation is good?

Thank you so much!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If you visited on a Wednesday/Weekend it's about 5-10% busy compared to a Monday or Tuesday morning. Pretty general to any uni.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.