Turn on thread page Beta

Struggling to get over him :( watch

So I was seeing this guy since December. We’re both 17 and I see him everyday at school. We literally chatted everyday and he was a big part of my life. For the first time in about a year I felt happy like all the time. I really liked him and he liked me back which isn’t something that happens for me much. I’m a quiet girl who doesn’t attract guys attention like ever. So this was special to me and I really liked him. He was the one that was leading the relationship and he was the one who told me how much he liked me and wanted to be with me all the time. About a week ago he was very busy and so we literally didn’t chat for a whole week. Since chatting again he was very distant and after 4 days of him being distant he’s effectively broken up with me . He’s such a kind guy and he did it very sweetly with a basic explanation that he needs to sort him self out and can’t be dealing with a relationship with me. He said he wants to be close close friends still but that’s all. It stings so much like my heart is broken. I don’t understand how someone can just go from being so affectionate to calling it off. I’ve cried and cried and cried. I can’t hate him cause he’s been so nice about this but it’s also just so unfair why it doesn’t matter that I wanted to stay together it just hurts so much and I can’t stop thinking about him ALL THE TIME. I want to feel happy but I just have him in my head all the time and feel like crying. I’m also feeling like slightly obsessive cause I’m constantly wondering whether he’s chatting to other girls, or hanging out with others and I shouldn’t be jealous cause we’re not together and he can do what he wants but I just feel so distressed about it all please how can I get him off my mind, how can I just feel happy again? X
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I was seeing this guy since December. We’re both 17 and I see him everyday at school. We literally chatted everyday and he was a big part of my life. For the first time in about a year I felt happy like all the time. I really liked him and he liked me back which isn’t something that happens for me much. I’m a quiet girl who doesn’t attract guys attention like ever. So this was special to me and I really liked him. He was the one that was leading the relationship and he was the one who told me how much he liked me and wanted to be with me all the time. About a week ago he was very busy and so we literally didn’t chat for a whole week. Since chatting again he was very distant and after 4 days of him being distant he’s effectively broken up with me . He’s such a kind guy and he did it very sweetly with a basic explanation that he needs to sort him self out and can’t be dealing with a relationship with me. He said he wants to be close close friends still but that’s all. It stings so much like my heart is broken. I don’t understand how someone can just go from being so affectionate to calling it off. I’ve cried and cried and cried. I can’t hate him cause he’s been so nice about this but it’s also just so unfair why it doesn’t matter that I wanted to stay together it just hurts so much and I can’t stop thinking about him ALL THE TIME. I want to feel happy but I just have him in my head all the time and feel like crying. I’m also feeling like slightly obsessive cause I’m constantly wondering whether he’s chatting to other girls, or hanging out with others and I shouldn’t be jealous cause we’re not together and he can do what he wants but I just feel so distressed about it all please how can I get him off my mind, how can I just feel happy again? X

Sorry this sucks, but its all part of relationships and growing up.
    Everyone goes through it and in the beginning the power of attraction can be very strong, hence the big bump when its gone.

There isnt an easy way to get over it, which is why they say time is a great healer.

I would suggest cutting contact and unfollow any social media. Continued contact just reminds you and doesnt allow you time to recover.

Keep busy- re-engage with any friends, focus on your exams which are the most important. By all means have a cry, but it will hurt less over time.

If you do well in your studies, then you can be off to uni, where you will meet many more potentials and some of them will far surpass this guy. You can have that experience again, but boringly your exams are more important. there are boys out there who will be amazed by you and be amazing for you. Dont lose hope, just think of it being one day closer to your next relationship.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.