Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

should i drop out of a levels to join the royal marines? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    im currently doing my as levels in chemistry physics maths and product design i was hoping to go to uni and study advanced materials but i dont think i will be able to get the aab required as am currently struggling. am considering dropping out and joining the royal marines. does anyone have any advice on the matter.
    btw im not worried about the fitness tests ect as i am quite capable of exceeding the requirments
    thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    If you are not completely sure that you want to join the marines then I would advise that you carry on white your a levels. You could get a tutor to help you through the classes and then after you have completed them you could still join the marines but you would have a levels just in case. You could talk to your teachers and parents/guardians about this and see if they think that you could benefit from it. You should only join if you are SURE that you want to, but if you are then it can be a great thing to be apart of.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Quitting when facing a tough challenge is at odds with the Marines' mentality. Do your A levels, get fit, then apply, and that process will prepare you far better than just dropping out.

ReputationRep:
    I'd carry on and get your A levels, and then apply
    You never know what will happen, so having your A levels to fall back on would be good - you could get injured, not get through etc.
    Also on their website, to become a Commando Officer you need at least 3 A levels at DDD, so having the qualifications will allow you to progress your career if you so wish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleanor311)
    If you are not completely sure that you want to join the marines then I would advise that you carry on white your a levels. You could get a tutor to help you through the classes and then after you have completed them you could still join the marines but you would have a levels just in case. You could talk to your teachers and parents/guardians about this and see if they think that you could benefit from it. You should only join if you are SURE that you want to, but if you are then it can be a great thing to be apart of.
    the other problem i im fed up with education and am desperate to get out and get on with my life an i like the idea of pushing myself by joining the marines. i have thought about continuing and finishing my as levels and then dropping out but am undecided at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesz173)
    the other problem i im fed up with education and am desperate to get out and get on with my life an i like the idea of pushing myself by joining the marines. i have thought about continuing and finishing my as levels and then dropping out but am undecided at the moment
    It's human nature to prefer the path of least resistance. Its human character when you choose to push yourself in the pursuit of goals.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.