Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What are you guys planning to do in the summer after GCSEs? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am hyped af to be done with gcses. Will probs go to reading even though the line up sucks. I've always wanted to go paintballing.

ReputationRep:
    Work experience at an IB, first aid course, NCS, A level prep and a nice holiday.

ReputationRep:
    I would start working for the subjects I am going to do for A-Level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apex1302)
    Work experience at an IB, first aid course, NCS, A level prep and a nice holiday.
    **** sounds like you've got yourself sorted and are planning to do actual sensible things with the time. Good for you

ReputationRep:
    Omfg why is everyone here so responsible haha

ReputationRep:
    I thought Id read ahead for alevels but didnt in the end and im so glad i spent my summer relaxing (and ncs) - Im y12 now and youll never be as free as you are in that summer! 😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloee01)
    I thought Id read ahead for alevels but didnt in the end and im so glad i spent my summer relaxing (and ncs) - Im y12 now and youll never be as free as you are in that summer! 😂
    Yh, that's my mindset atm lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloee01)
    agreed 120% have fun that summer.

ReputationRep:
    My summer after GCSEs wasn't the most productive (literally just spent most of it going out with friends and sleeping :rolleyes:) but it was worth it as A levels hit you like a ton of bricks..

Enjoy it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundae)
    My summer after GCSEs wasn't the most productive (literally just spent most of it going out with friends and sleeping :rolleyes:) but it was worth it as A levels hit you like a ton of bricks..

Enjoy it!
    YUP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundae)

Enjoy it!
    Is it weird that I'm excited for sixth form? To me, whilst I know it's more work it seems better because I've chosen all the subjects I'm studying, which I enjoy, and I only have a select amount of skills to focus on.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=George____t;76287496]Omfg why is everyone here so responsible haha[/Q
    (Original post by George____t)
    Omfg why is everyone here so responsible haha
    That’s exactly what i was thinking 😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Is it weird that I'm excited for sixth form? To me, whilst I know it's more work it seems better because I've chosen all the subjects I'm studying, which I enjoy, and I only have a select amount of skills to focus on.
    I'd say that's normal :yep: It's nice to get rid of all the subjects you didn't like doing and just focusing on what you want to do. However the workload does get a little overwhelming at times. Just stay organised and you'll be completely fine

ReputationRep:
    Build a new gaming pc!! ))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peeked)
    Build a new gaming pc!! ))
    Haha my cousin did that over Christmas. He spent like £1000 just to build a pc to play csgo lol

ReputationRep:
    I am hyped af to be done with gcses. Will probs go to reading even though the line up sucks. I've always wanted to go paintballing.
    start working for A-level physics and try and get through the full course so all physics lessons are revision and then it is like only taking 1/2 subjects (maths and further maths)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apex1302)
    I did NCS and it was the best thing I have ever done in my life

ReputationRep:
    Yh, that's my mindset atm lol
    well it shouldnt be lol, summers between uni semesters take ages may-september and spring semesters you spend 4 months learning 9 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm headed out to Florida before results day. I doubt I'd be allowed after it. My grades aren't looking so good 😅

ReputationRep:
    If you do more work in the Summer, it's less stress later on.
    You'll be ahead of most and that'll motivate you to do better. The jump from GCSE to A-levels won't be as scary if you've gone over some stuff in the holidays.
    I'd rather do work whilst enjoying Summer to get less stress when college comes around, than do nothing in such a long holiday.
    Just saying.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.