Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know this might sound a weird question, i have been thinking about this a lot recently especially after the cranberries front woman Dolores o riordan died aged 46 at the hilton in mayfair london from causes not yet known although there are rumours from sources saying she took an overdose, i was thinking is 46 considered a good age to die or is it young. Any thoughts?I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james parott)
    I know this might sound a weird question, i have been thinking about this a lot recently especially after the cranberries front woman Dolores o riordan died aged 46 at the hilton in mayfair london from causes not yet known although there are rumours from sources saying she took an overdose, i was thinking is 46 considered a good age to die or is it young. Any thoughts?I
    A couple of centuries ago, dying at 46 was probably average, nowadays though, anything under the age of 70 is considered too soon.

I suppose at different points in your life you'll have different perspectives about when is a good age to die, e.g. if you are 16, dying at age 50 seems reasonable as the difference in ages is considerable, but if you are 45, dying at 50 seems way too soon.

ReputationRep:
    No way. A 46 year old still has a lot to look forward to. By that age they should be at the acme of their career and have retirement or whatever other endeavours they have to look forward for. Plus grandkids could be on the horizon and see9ng your children grow up et al
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    it's a case of personal perspective, my dad was 36 when he died so i don't see 46 as being that young but i don't see it as being a good age to die either.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.