Turn on thread page Beta
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by xtrembob)
    You show on the other had be fine for Glasgow as they really want to improve their exposure to international students.
    OP says they are EU not International for fees, and Glasgow has a cap on EU places...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    OP says they are EU not International for fees, and Glasgow has a cap on EU places...
    I know for EU fees, but my question is does Glasgow really reach their cap on EU places?
    And Glasgow usually asks for lower marks than the 2 previous unis for french people, hence why he should be fine.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by xtrembob)
    I know for EU fees, but my question is does Glasgow really reach their cap on EU places?
    And Glasgow usually asks for lower marks than the 2 previous unis for french people, hence why he should be fine.
    The cap is across all EU and Scottish acceptances due to funding restrictions. And actually is resulting in Scottish universities reducing Scottish acceptances in favour of better qualified EU applicants.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...-students.html
    "Glasgow University said the number of places it can offer Scottish and EU students is capped and it is forbidden from discriminating between them."

However even with a slightly lower requirement at Glasgow the OP is still missing it...
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...4&postcount=27

ReputationRep:
    You are worrying me, really 🤣🤣

I've applied to UK unis but I'll always have French schools if I don't realize what I was looking for. I just have to wait and see and I'll try to improve my grades, I also wish admission committies will take care of statement and letters joined to file
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by medizzerparis)
    You are worrying me, really 🤣🤣

I've applied to UK unis but I'll always have French schools if I don't realize what I was looking for. I just have to wait and see and I'll try to improve my grades, I also wish admission committies will take care of statement and letters joined to file
    As I said, if you get 5 rejections then you can also try UCAS Extra, and if necessary Clearing. Plenty of students find very good places via Clearing, especially if your grades end up being better than your predictions.

It might be an idea to start researching some additional university choices as a "Plan B".

ReputationRep:
    I just saw entry requirements of Imperial, for French students they require 16 on Math, 16 on Physics and 15 for overall, BUT they don't talk about average grades of the 11th and 12th grades, they talk about the FINAL baccalaureate ( which is the only exam able to compare all French students ). Honestly, it will be easy for me to get 15 or more for overall, a few harder to get 16 for Math, and really harder to get 16 on Physics. I also know I can get more than 17 on English.

I really wish the conditional offer
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I just saw entry requirements of Imperial, for French students they require 16 on Math, 16 on Physics and 15 for overall, BUT they don't talk about average grades of the 11th and 12th grades, they talk about the FINAL baccalaureate ( which is the only exam able to compare all French students ). Honestly, it will be easy for me to get 15 or more for overall, a few harder to get 16 for Math, and really harder to get 16 on Physics. I also know I can get more than 17 on English.

I really wish the conditional offer
    Why have you only now checked the entry requirements? You really should have done that before applying...

Also Maths & Physics are important for Engineering. English... not so much. You yourself were saying you preferred the UK system with its narrow focus on relevant subjects... that's why they have high expectations for applicants in those specific subjects.

Did your reference include final bacc predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Why have you only now checked the entry requirements? You really should have done that before applying...

Also Maths & Physics are important for Engineering. English... not so much. You yourself were saying you preferred the UK system with its narrow focus on relevant subjects... that's why they have high expectations for applicants in those specific subjects.

Did your reference include final bacc predictions?
    Yes I wrote my bac predictions.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    You did? Or did your referee complete the reference section of the UCAS application? Hmm, so it sounds like you haven't provided a reference either...

If you sent your letters of recommendation separately have your universities confirmed receipt? And that they are acceptable?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Did you apply using UCAS? Or is there a different application process for EU students? (because it sounds like you’ve missed a lot of the required information that UCAS ask for in an application.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Did you apply using UCAS? Or is there a different application process for EU students? (because it sounds like you’ve missed a lot of the required information that UCAS ask for in an application.)
    I applied with UCAS, why ??

ReputationRep:
    I applied with UCAS, why ??
    Not knowing entry requirements, mentioning multiple “recommendation letters” when ucas only accept one recommendation and that’s submitted via email. You just seem to be misinformed about the application process? E.g. thinking applying to the same uni on different courses will give you a better shot or that they’ll take into account how hard your school is when looking at entry requirements.

I’m not trying to be mean, there just seem to be a lot of things you’ve missed or not thought of until now?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.