Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i've always been a mature girl since i was young and i tend to not get amused by the things most girls are into nowadays. Sometimes i feel like it makes me boring and diffferent. I've found friends that are like me but at times i just feel like i'm letting my childhood fly by. (in year 11 btw)

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes it is better to be mature. Its better to be different and just imbrace it. You may feel like you being boring if you want to do good in your GCSE and no one else really cares about them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same. I'm not into shallow conversations people have about celebrities, gossip, drama, criticising what people post on instagram.. I just wish people could drop their phones sometimes and have real conversations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebells1)
    I'm the same. I'm not into shallow conversations people have about celebrities, gossip, drama, criticising what people post on instagram.. I just wish people could drop their phones sometimes and have real conversations.
    I like a decent convo too, I’m mature af but can’t find anyone to talk to who’s likeminded
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    phh, thats nothing I was born fully matured and came out slav squatting

ReputationRep:
    Yes, please slow down or else imma have to give you a ticket

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misspessimism)
    i've always been a mature girl since i was young and i tend to not get amused by the things most girls are into nowadays. Sometimes i feel like it makes me boring and diffferent. I've found friends that are like me but at times i just feel like i'm letting my childhood fly by. (in year 11 btw)
    Ugh if only the world was so mature like you, these pathetic childish year 11 kids who have a mental age lower than yours. You must watch Rick and Morty.

ReputationRep:
    There’s nothing wrong with ‘growing up too fast’ and really, it’d be a concern if you were being forced to e.g irresponsible parents or something.

It’s just who you are. You can decide to change it but that’s not being the true you. And what makes you boring? It’s another person’s opinion and if you’re happy, that’s all that matters. And being different? That’s so much better than being normal!

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with being more mature than your peers at an early age. From a young age I have always been years ahead of my peers in terms of maturity -yet it doesn't mean that being mature makes you any less fun. Sure, we don't find small topics such as celebrity gossip, reality tv shows (or whatever you want to use as an example) interesting like others ; but that doesn't mean we can't be interesting and fun in other ways. Childhood is simply about making mistakes and gaining wisdom from those experiences - we're simply blessed to not have to go through that

ReputationRep:
    im definitely getting OLD too fast lol.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.