Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who are the bosses you've been stuck on the longest and why?
    Mine was Manus in ds1 and is currently watcher knight in hollow knight, because I'm a scrub.

ReputationRep:
    the end mgs3 when it came out EXTREME MODE NO HUD ETC

p.s. is hollow knight good it looked easy so didnt get it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeAndLennie)
    the end mgs3 when it came out EXTREME MODE NO HUD ETC

p.s. is hollow knight good it looked easy so didnt get it
    Are you good at platformer/metroidvania type games? Then it should be a challenge but not impossible. 100% it will be a pain in the ass either way.
    Art and music alone is worth it imo.

Never played mgs3, only Phantom pain and revengeance, but the Boss and the other bosses in snake eater looked sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tosspot)
    Are you good at platformer/metroidvania type games? Then it should be a challenge but not impossible. 100% it will be a pain in the ass either way.
    Art and music alone is worth it imo.

Never played mgs3, only Phantom pain and revengeance, but the Boss and the other bosses in snake eater looked sick.
    I dont mind them! May give it a purchase looks fun! haha ooh you played PP? Yeah Big Boss in that game looks amazing lol love the eye patch and everything. You should get the MGS HD Collection the old school ones are so much better! The bosses like Psycho mantis in mgs1 and stuff were just crazy lol

ReputationRep:
    I dont mind them! May give it a purchase looks fun! haha ooh you played PP? Yeah Big Boss in that game looks amazing lol love the eye patch and everything. You should get the MGS HD Collection the old school ones are so much better! The bosses like Psycho mantis in mgs1 and stuff were just crazy lol
    Played PP thinking it was a funny s***post game, ended up getting really engrossed in the weird and wonderful lore of mgs.

I probably will get the collection next time it's on sale, from what I've seen the past games had a similar sense of humour with more complete content than PP.
    Thanks for the suggestion, my dude.

ReputationRep:
    Played PP thinking it was a funny s***post game, ended up getting really engrossed in the weird and wonderful lore of mgs.

I probably will get the collection next time it's on sale, from what I've seen the past games had a similar sense of humour with more complete content than PP.
    Thanks for the suggestion, my dude.
    <3 I should add you on steam or something :P

ReputationRep:
    <3 I should add you on steam or something :P
    You can, but fair warning I rarely go online. I'm a solitary boi.

ReputationRep:
    Whitney, and her bloody cow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Whitney, and her bloody cow.

Cute lil' wet mouse vs big ol'milky.

ReputationRep:
    Not a boss but a specific type of game I get stuck on. Ones that have a clear objective at the start but after like 20 minutes the objective is so vague I have to google how to progress. I feel this is way more irritating since you know that the purpose of the boss is to defeat it and if you keep trying you will get there. But somehow no matter what I try I always get lost in some of these games.

ReputationRep:
    The dude with the metal tentacle arms in mgs2 but then I haven’t tried again since I was about 13
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyman0121)
    Not a boss but a specific type of game I get stuck on. Ones that have a clear objective at the start but after like 20 minutes the objective is so vague I have to google how to progress. I feel this is way more irritating since you know that the purpose of the boss is to defeat it and if you keep trying you will get there. But somehow no matter what I try I always get lost in some of these games.
    Ik that feel man, mostly happens when I play Japanese games (like mgs and Dark souls) and old RPGs. Oddly enough Hollow knight is kinda the opposite
    (Literal low tier story structure spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    Show

your goal initially is just advance in the game/explore and you pick up goals as you explore.

As long as the game's universe is interesting, then I don't mind getting lost in some side quests, mini games or general dumb bulls***.

ReputationRep:
    Ik that feel man, mostly happens when I play Japanese games (like mgs and Dark souls) and old RPGs. Oddly enough Hollow knight is kinda the opposite
    (Literal low tier story structure spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    Show

your goal initially is just advance in the game/explore and you pick up goals as you explore.

As long as the game's universe is interesting, then I don't mind getting lost in some side quests, mini games or general dumb bulls***.
    One game I can think of that I got stuck on was Chrono Trigger. It is a great game but I don't want to google how to progress.

ReputationRep:
    The improved Demogorgon in Baldur's Gate II: ToB. Virtually all the improved fights in it, esp if coupled with a good AI mod, are tough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    The dude with the metal tentacle arms in mgs2 but then I haven’t tried again since I was about 13
    haha solidus snake?? that guy was annoying, do you remember fatman the skater guy on big shell lmao with C4!!

ReputationRep:
    haha solidus snake?? that guy was annoying, do you remember fatman the skater guy on big shell lmao with C4!!
    Haha yeah, he was pretty easy to defeat though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Haha yeah, he was pretty easy to defeat though
    I agree! was fun to play
    nice to see another mgs fan

ReputationRep:
    Four Kings in Dark Souls is a migraine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)
    Four Kings in Dark Souls is a migraine.
    90% of my deaths were me mistiming roles due failing to understand how far the kings actually were from me.
    It took like 5 attempts before I got gud on an overleveled character, I'd say a migraine is an accurate description.

ReputationRep:
    I just managed to beat Shadow Kanji on very hard difficulty in Persona 4 Golden. After he kicked my ass several times, I went back to grinding for SP and levelling up for a few days.

Flamelurker in Demon's Souls was a huge pain in the ass but I bested him after about a dozen or more tries, as well as having to go through the whole dungeon every time. Can't remember exactly how many times since this was back in 2010.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.