Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit early to do my CV but my careers advisor told me that it's better to get it done earlier on. I was wondering if anyone has any advice, tips or know of sites that could help me out. Much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I used "The CV Book" to write my CV. There was a chapter on what should/shouldn't be included in each section and example CVs at the end.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Assuming you are young and have limited experience, a very basic guide would be:

- No longer than one page.
    - Keep it simple: a simple font (TNR etc.)
    - Use clear headings for different sections
    - Contact details, a brief summary of who you are at the top, key skills, academics and employment/voluntary experiences are what you want to include. Hobbies can be added to fill the page if necessary.

If you need help with it feel free to PM me a draft and I will edit it for you when I'm online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    Assuming you are young and have limited experience, a very basic guide would be:

- No longer than one page.
    - Keep it simple: a simple font (TNR etc.)
    - Use clear headings for different sections
    - Contact details, a brief summary of who you are at the top, key skills, academics and employment/voluntary experiences are what you want to include. Hobbies can be added to fill the page if necessary.

If you need help with it feel free to PM me a draft and I will edit it for you when I'm online.
    Thanks for the response, I will start making a draft and when it looks nice to me I will PM it to you, thank you for the help
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cryssan)
    Thanks for the response, I will start making a draft and when it looks nice to me I will PM it to you, thank you for the help
    No problem.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by cryssan)
    It's a bit early to do my CV but my careers advisor told me that it's better to get it done earlier on. I was wondering if anyone has any advice, tips or know of sites that could help me out. Much appreciated
    There's a CV Help forum on here in TSR! Look in Careers and Jobs. It's a private forum, it will look empty, start a thread and someone will be along to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    There's a CV Help forum on here in TSR! Look in Careers and Jobs. It's a private forum, it will look empty, start a thread and someone will be along to help.
    Oh well thats convinient, thanks for that

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.