Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, just wanted to post in the forum to start a thread to find other people who are applying to Midwifery, start date September 2018. Are you applying? If so have you received an offer for MMI interviews yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hi sapphiregrey99 I have applied, and im hoping to gain a place at QUB for midwifery in September this is my first cycle I'm so nervous about the interview have you applied for this year too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tamberlei34)
    Hi sapphiregrey99 I have applied, and im hoping to gain a place at QUB for midwifery in September this is my first cycle I'm so nervous about the interview have you applied for this year too?
    Hi Tamberlei34! Yes I have applied this year too! Did you receive an interview yet? Im pretty nervous too if I’m honest.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sapphiregrey99)
    Hi Tamberlei34! Yes I have applied this year too! Did you receive an interview yet? Im pretty nervous too if I’m honest.
    yes I received it on the 22nd Feb! I cried so hard when it came through i couldn't believe it! I am really excited because it is one step closer but I'm so nervous incase my nerves blow it for me :/ have you got an interview yet? Have you applied for anything else? Xxx

ReputationRep:
    yes I received it on the 22nd Feb! I cried so hard when it came through i couldn't believe it! I am really excited because it is one step closer but I'm so nervous incase my nerves blow it for me :/ have you got an interview yet? Have you applied for anything else? Xxx
    Yeah I got mines on the 21/02/18! I was stunned when I saw it too, I was pretty emotional but also excited. Hey, it’s natural to be nervous, trust me I am too, prep is key though which I’ve been doing ever since I got it and I haven’t applied for anything else at QUB no x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sapphiregrey99)
    Yeah I got mines on the 21/02/18! I was stunned when I saw it too, I was pretty emotional but also excited. Hey, it’s natural to be nervous, trust me I am too, prep is key though which I’ve been doing ever since I got it and I haven’t applied for anything else at QUB no x
    I am the same I haven't stopped and even have my children asking me questions lol I just hope I don't take a mind blank in front of the interviewer :/ when is your interview? I might see you there X

ReputationRep:
    I am the same I haven't stopped and even have my children asking me questions lol I just hope I don't take a mind blank in front of the interviewer :/ when is your interview? I might see you there X
    Aw haha I’m sure you won’t. You’ll do great! Mines is on the 14th March. When is yours? x

ReputationRep:
    Aww fab im the 14th also! At 1.15 x

ReputationRep:
    Aww fab im the 14th also! At 1.15 x
    I’m at 11:40am x

ReputationRep:
    Hi girls I also had my interview on the 14th!! How did yous find it went? Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_mcg)
    Hi girls I also had my interview on the 14th!! How did yous find it went? Xx
    Hi Laura i thought it was grand a lot less stressful than I had myself built up for and everyone was so lovely but it's hard to know if you have given them what they want :/ I guess we will find out in May
    How did you find yours? Xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi Laura i thought it was grand a lot less stressful than I had myself built up for and everyone was so lovely but it's hard to know if you have given them what they want :/ I guess we will find out in May
    How did you find yours? Xxx
    I don’t feel like I did enough to be in the top 45 as I feel one station I may have taken the wrong approach. I definitely felt like my nerves left as soon as the mmis started so that was good. Did you apply for nursing too or just midwifery xx

ReputationRep:
    I don’t feel like I did enough to be in the top 45 as I feel one station I may have taken the wrong approach. I definitely felt like my nerves left as soon as the mmis started so that was good. Did you apply for nursing too or just midwifery xx
    I feel exactly the same about one station in particular I don't think I spoke about what she wanted me to and I found it hard to speak for the 5 minutes in that station :/ it is so so competitive I'm just really proud of myself for even getting the interview and I will keep trying until they are fed up seeing my name lol but fingers crossed they have seen something in me, no just midwifery everyone says I'm mad but I honestly have no interest in doing straight nursing what about you? What time were you in on the 14th? xxx

ReputationRep:
    I feel exactly the same about one station in particular I don't think I spoke about what she wanted me to and I found it hard to speak for the 5 minutes in that station :/ it is so so competitive I'm just really proud of myself for even getting the interview and I will keep trying until they are fed up seeing my name lol but fingers crossed they have seen something in me, no just midwifery everyone says I'm mad but I honestly have no interest in doing straight nursing what about you? What time were you in on the 14th? xxx
    I was in at 10:45. I did the green station. Most of them were fine but yeah a tricky one that I just felt I blew as soon as I left that station. I did apply for nursing too because my tutor made me but I don’t even think I’d accept it if I got in. I want midwifery so bad but it is so competitive and the standard is so high I’m sure xx

ReputationRep:
    I was in at 10:45. I did the green station. Most of them were fine but yeah a tricky one that I just felt I blew as soon as I left that station. I did apply for nursing too because my tutor made me but I don’t even think I’d accept it if I got in. I want midwifery so bad but it is so competitive and the standard is so high I’m sure xx
    Oh my goodness me too!! how crazy would it be if it was the same station we have the weird feeling about!! I don't know if you would have had the same examiners and stuff but I thought they were so lovely!
    Oh really, my tutor was putting us off applying for both because they didn't like to see you as not knowing what you want to do but 2 girls in my class applied for both and got interviews and so have you and I'm sure many more which is great because on the mainland you can apply and get offered both so i dont see why it should be different here if you show enough passion etc i say if you feel like you could do 3 years of nursing first go for it I just know my heart wouldn't be in it have you applied for any other unis? Xxx

ReputationRep:
    I bet it is the same station lol well my personal statement was focused on midwifery completely I didn’t mention nursing at all but was just told to add it then and see what happens. No I have kids so couldn’t go to any other unis. What about you? Xx

ReputationRep:
    I bet it is the same station lol well my personal statement was focused on midwifery completely I didn’t mention nursing at all but was just told to add it then and see what happens. No I have kids so couldn’t go to any other unis. What about you? Xx
    I have applied to dundalk but queens without a doubt is my first choice because I have 3 children at home, I don't mind travelling to dundalk and the placements but il have to stay near the hospitals for at least 2 nights a week while on placement especially as one is in Cavan, I will do whatever it takes and my hubby is so supportive but I would love to be able to come home to my family after my shifts :/ so yea fingers crossed for queens but il just be happy if I get given the chance at either xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey girls, I applied for Midwifery in QUB. Thanks so much for setting up this separate thread from the Nursing one so we can have a chat.
    Is there only 45 places for Midwifery? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MirandaB98)
    Hey girls, I applied for Midwifery in QUB. Thanks so much for setting up this separate thread from the Nursing one so we can have a chat.
    Is there only 45 places for Midwifery? x
    hi Miranda I'm not 100% sure, it has been pretty hush hush :/ I asked the girl after interview and she said she couldn't say but the same lady told me and a few girls in my access class at a talk that queens ran that numbers were increasing to 45! as far as I'm aware there was only 30 something last year :/ xxx

ReputationRep:
    It has indeed. Flip no way? Thats scary bikkies. Xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 3, 2018

University open days

1. Queen's University Belfast
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 6 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.