Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I can easily see myself getting a 65%-70% grade at masters level (MSc IT), what are the chances of getting into a Computer Science PhD at a good university with a grade like that?
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by jjake101)
    I can easily see myself getting a 65%-70% grade at masters level (MSc IT), what are the chances of getting into a Computer Science PhD at a good university with a grade like that?
    Slim, but there are a lot of other variables. Different universities have different levels of funding, and different subject areas have different levels of funding available.

How many people on your course are getting better grades than you and looking at a PhD? they will all be more competitive than you. Times by all other similar degree courses .....

ReputationRep:
    Ah, seems like it's one of those 'it depends' questions... :/

Any idea if I even have a chance of getting in Oxbridge with a 2.1 at undergrad (what im predicted) and a Distinction at postgrad? Or would they not even consider the application becuease I dont have a 1.1?

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.