Turn on thread page Beta

where to do step ups at the gym watch

ReputationRep:
    so I'm following a guide atm and it includes dumbbell step ups. my gym doesn't have those steps with the risers that you can adjust. all it has are benches in the free weights area but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to stand on these? anyone know or have any other alternatives?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Articultr)
    so I'm following a guide atm and it includes dumbbell step ups. my gym doesn't have those steps with the risers that you can adjust. all it has are benches in the free weights area but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to stand on these? anyone know or have any other alternatives?
    Probably not a good idea to step on weight benches if people sit on them.

Have you asked the trainers? The equipment is often kept in the studio where the classes go on?

The other alternative is if they have a stair climber in the cardio section. get the pts to make other suggestions, but no gym ive ever been to has lacked those adjustable boxes.

ReputationRep:
    Don't put your feet on the leather itself. I've seen people do weird non-sitting things on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Probably not a good idea to step on weight benches if people sit on them.

Have you asked the trainers? The equipment is often kept in the studio where the classes go on?

The other alternative is if they have a stair climber in the cardio section. get the pts to make other suggestions, but no gym ive ever been to has lacked those adjustable boxes.
    i go to a really small pure gym that has like no equipment, they don't even have mats :/ the studio is downstairs and usually shut but i don't think they have boxes in there either ugh
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    i go to a really small pure gym that has like no equipment, they don't even have mats :/ the studio is downstairs and usually shut but i don't think they have boxes in there either ugh
    The exercise as it is, isnt that effective. Ask the manager if the boxes are in the studio. Id be highly surprised if they arent. There will be many more effective exercises. Just ask the assistant manager. Its probably not locked and anytime theres not a class, then I bet you can use it.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.