Turn on thread page Beta

Piercings at school and age restrictions watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to get a few piercings but I dont know if there are any age restrictions. I am under 16 but am more then happy to wait untill im 16 if I can't. I also dont want school (the teachers) to make comments about them and ring my parents and cause ****. I am looking into getting a belly button piercing and a few ear piercings but havent asked my parents since they probaly say I cant because they are to scared of the school starting ****. I also don't want the piercings to be to noticable at school.

What piercings can you get under 16?
    What piercings need parental consent?
    Can you get what ever piercings you want when you are over 16?
    Would school say something to those that are under 16 with piercings?
    What was it like for you when you had them done whilst at school?

ReputationRep:
    I don’t think you’re allowed belly button or tongue or private parts
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Schools have different rules, best to check the policies.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I only want to get my belly button and a few on my ears done nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    1. Have to be over 16 for no parental permission, under 16 must have parental permission
    2. why would the school phone? it's none of their business, only if its against your school policy. So if your school says no cartilage peircings then they may phone but chances are they'll just speak to you. They wouldn't know if you have a belly button one too.
    3. Google all the legal stuff, like if you're restricted to certain piercings
    4. A lot of people at my school have piercings, mainly the typical ear ones but a couple have a load of others on their ear, tongue and belly button.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    At 16 you can get most piercings not considered 'intimate'. I had my bellybutton at 13, my tongue the week of my GCSE exams, and various other holes the year after that. It's entirely up to the studio you go to to decide whether they want to pierce you.

Each school will have their own policy on whether they're allowed. Ours is no visible piercings except for a single stud in each ear. No stretching of ears allowed, no extra ear holes or anything.
    Anyone caught with those is sent to isolation until they're removed.

I'm a teacher and I only have slightly more access to visible piercings than you. I have to hide my stretched lobes!

ReputationRep:
    No age rules in England or Wales (personally I think 16 for ears and 18 for intimate)

But you will need aftercare so better have it done over a school holiday than have to explain inability to swim/shower or play sporty

Any visible piercing against school rules might have to come out in school- again, holiday period for healing so you can remove it.
    Many businesses would also have piercing restrictions

ReputationRep:
    If I had my belly button pierced how long would I have to wait to do kayaking,rowing,canoeing since I'm a sea cadets so its compulsory?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDevil)
    If I had my belly button pierced how long would I have to wait to do kayaking,rowing,canoeing since I'm a sea cadets so its compulsory?
    I don't have piercings so don't know much on aftercare but unless you're capsizing then you stay dry in those scenarios(or at least your body tends too)

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.