Turn on thread page Beta

Should I still move in ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm living in a house with 2 other people next year at uni. Due to a series of events I am no longer friends with one of these people, and despite my persevance in salvaging the friendship I've been told straight up that they're completely done with me. I am friends with the other person I am living with but we are not particularly close and she got mad at me since I kept bringing up the issue I had with the other person and she felt like it wasn't fair that she had to be involved....

The person I'm not friends with doesn't want to speak to me at all in person and if I try and arrange to do things as a group they will refuse to it. They said that they're going to be " civil" with me but they won't chat in person, but if I like send them a snapchat they do tend to reply back...

I'm trying to figure out whether living with these people is a good idea or not ? Any advice

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I hope you're well and sorry to hear about the difficult situation you're in. I think it's quite sad they've reacted this way especially knowing the 3 of you will be living together and it will be hard to avoid each other. Do you think there is any way you could resolve the issue with them? If not you could consider living with other people from your course. Is there a groupchat for your course on Facebook or Whatsapp that's active? I know many cases where a small group of people need an extra person to live with them.

I hope it work out for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimeCatsMemes)
    Hello!

I hope you're well and sorry to hear about the difficult situation you're in. I think it's quite sad they've reacted this way especially knowing the 3 of you will be living together and it will be hard to avoid each other. Do you think there is any way you could resolve the issue with them? If not you could consider living with other people from your course. Is there a groupchat for your course on Facebook or Whatsapp that's active? I know many cases where a small group of people need an extra person to live with them.

I hope it work out for you
    No I have tried for nearly 2 months to sort it out and the situation has just become more toxic and even worse, so no there's not any hope. I'm worried since I'm going to have to find someone to replace me in the contract as well as find another house for myself

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.