Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I dont know the odds but you sound like you've got a lot going for you and there's no harm in going for it!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    1. Congrats, you clearly have good grades and achievements.

2. It's probably more relevant to tell us what country you're from, what type of school you attend and how good it is (e.g. does it typically send many students to Oxford or Cambridge, or other prestigious overseas institutions).

3. Not sure how much it says for you that you couldn't use the search function to find the zillion threads on this subject. Do you really want us tell you your chances, or are you looking for validation, or are you just showing off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greatleysteg)
    1. Congrats, you clearly have good grades and achievements.

2. It's probably more relevant to tell us what country you're from, what type of school you attend and how good it is (e.g. does it typically send many students to Oxford or Cambridge, or other prestigious overseas institutions).

3. Not sure how much it says for you that you couldn't use the search function to find the zillion threads on this subject. Do you really want us tell you your chances, or are you looking for validation, or are you just showing off?
    Thanks for your reply!
    I joined the student room quite recently and I wasn’t aware of the similar threads until after I made this post. I guess I made a wrong impression (or, perhaps, you were too quick to judge?)
    I was indeed genuinely interested if I could be a successful applicant.

I am an international student and my school typically sends quite a few students to Cambridge (but not as many to Oxford).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisaharkness)
    I dont know the odds but you sound like you've got a lot going for you and there's no harm in going for it!
    Thank you Louisa

ReputationRep:
    If you are predicted 2-4A*s you have as good a chance as any candidate who could feasibly get an offer, just keep working hard and keep up to date with current economic news.

ReputationRep:
    You clearly will have a decent chance if you apply as your stats are all really good. Also I don't think extra curriculars matter that much you just need to do good on the entrance test and interview. Also you said you are not sure if you should apply to Cambridge or not, if you want to go to Cambridge then apply there and the same should be said for any other universities as you have 5 choices. Good luck

Also out of interest what competitions were these IMO?
    (Original post by Lgannil)
    - Gold medal in an international math competition
    - Silver medal in a national math competition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lgannil)
    To ask Cambridge students about their experience, tweet @Sidney_Outreach to chat to students from Sidney Sussex College about applications, their course, and student life!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by GeorginaCG)
    To ask Cambridge students about their experience, tweet @Sidney_Outreach to chat to students from Sidney Sussex College about applications, their course, and student life!
    There are Cambridge students on TSR too...

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.