Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I'm 16. 17 in June and I feel I've wasted my teenage years. Up until I was about 14/15 I would out every day with friends 12pm-11pm without fail. However I isolated myself from friends and now I never go out. I've never kissed a girl( properly),gone to a proper party,been in a fight, drank/got drunk, smoke (only try) , gone to a concert etc and these are all things I low-key wanted to be involved in There's a music festival is coming up the day after my birthday I really want to go to this but at this point I've pushed my 'friends' away so much I don't go out with them anymore Should I buy a ticket now I can commit myself to go or wait till I have people to go with etc. Can anyone offer advice or relate ?

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel, you just got to think about it as, if you dont do it now, when can you do it? I think pushing friends away is kinda normal, in a way. You are still discovering who you really are. But dont completely isolate yourself. In my opinion, just go try it! You may like it, you may not. Its an experience that you will learn from Dont feel that now because you are only 16 that your life is wasted. You have so much ahead of you! Go out and try something new, meet new people.My advice is, try reconnect with your old friends, ask them if they wanna go out and drink or do something fun! You just got to make the most of it. I hope you the best

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same, apart from I never went out everyday. But I feel the same I've been talking even less with alot of friends, but I haven't done anything with a girl or been to any parties. I just don't enjoy many outdoor social activities but I'm making a point now to turn it around and talk to more people and make an effort to build my confidence. Most likely your friends still would like to do those things with you if you ask them.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.