Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Using the advice from my last question i sat down to do my CV, but i got to a section of 'skills' and thinking about it, i honestly dont know what im good at. I dont go out much, i spend most of my time on my computer or studying, which is also on my computer. But nothing else comes to mind. Does anyone have any solutions or any advice about this? Has anyone else been through something like this?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by cryssan)
    Using the advice from my last question i sat down to do my CV, but i got to a section of 'skills' and thinking about it, i honestly dont know what im good at. I dont go out much, i spend most of my time on my computer or studying, which is also on my computer. But nothing else comes to mind. Does anyone have any solutions or any advice about this? Has anyone else been through something like this?
    Is there any computer software you're particularly competent with that you could mention? What did you do for A-level, could those be relevant?

It also doesn't need to be anything extraordinary, or out of the norm in terms of soft skills; if you're good at organisation, time management etc, those kinds of things are all relevant

ReputationRep:
    I'm ancient and I still don't know either! Get a cheap copy of 'what colour is your parachute' off amazon... lots of exercises in their to help you work it out. Also good section on CV writing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OldMan17)
    I'm ancient and I still don't know either! Get a cheap copy of 'what colour is your parachute' off amazon... lots of exercises in their to help you work it out. Also good section on CV writing.
    Thanks for the REP

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the REP
    Every little helps

ReputationRep:
    Every little helps
    There you are, you're a marketeer. You should work for Tesco Marketing!

ReputationRep:
    There you are, you're a marketeer. You should work for Tesco Marketing!
    Hahaha, I will look into it, after all I would need a job soon

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're good with computers, so maybe take courses in coding or like, Microsoft software.

Less seriously, you can learn the secret skill of cooking one-minute meals in 58 seconds! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehru1214)
    Sounds like you're good with computers, so maybe take courses in coding or like, Microsoft software.

Less seriously, you can learn the secret skill of cooking one-minute meals in 58 seconds! :P
    woah, one minute meals sound likes my type of thing you know, thanks for the heads up

ReputationRep:
    woah, one minute meals sound likes my type of thing you know, thanks for the heads up
    Anytime XD

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.