Turn on thread page Beta

Missed three months of school watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone I missed three months of school because I was sick...and I don’t know how i’m supposed to catch-up?! I’m really afraid because I don’t want to do the year again... in another three months I have exams coming up!!
    What am i supposed to do I’m freaking out!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I missed around 6 months of school last year I was in 3rd year (I think this would be year 10 in England), I felt the same I was freaking out thinking I would never catch up and I was going to fail everything. I am now in 4th year (year 11 I think) and got 5 high A’s and a C in my prelims (mock exams). You probably all ready know that it isn’t going to be easy catching up but if you give it your all you will do it. The thing that kept me going was trying to prove everyone wrong, I was told I was probably going to need to do 3rd year again and I didn’t want to do that so I worked and worked until I proved everyone wrong and am now one of the smartest people in 4th year. Don’t be afraid to ask teachers to help you or give you materials. I know it’s hard but try your best to stop worrying as it won’t help matters at all. Start working as soon as you can and don’t give up. Hope this helps even a little bit. p.s. what year are you in at school ?

ReputationRep:
    I’m eight grade

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for your reply xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batel)
    I’m second grade
    With all due respect, If I was sick for that long in second Grade ; I'd be the happiest kid alive.

ReputationRep:
    Believe me you won’t...
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Batel)
    Hello everyone I missed three months of school because I was sick...and I don’t know how i’m supposed to catch-up?! I’m really afraid because I don’t want to do the year again... in another three months I have exams coming up!!
    What am i supposed to do I’m freaking out!!
    How old is second grade? Sounds young. If its as young as I think 12?, then I wouldnt worry. Talk to teachers, d your best at revising and catch up over the summer.

ReputationRep:
    14 years old

ReputationRep:
    I’m eight grade not second

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulletzone)
    With all due respect, If I was sick for that long in second Grade ; I'd be the happiest kid alive.
    I’m eight grade

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.