Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A thread about all the reasons you shouldn't come to Pleven uni

this is actually serious.

there's a lot of corruption that goes on and that's why I made this thread

ReputationRep:
    thanks i was really considering it u changed my mind

ReputationRep:
    Well if you cannot use capital letters, sounds good enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouAreAYute)
    thanks i was really considering it u changed my mind
    It can be difficult to progress into the next year because its difficult to pass exams. They don't have any real standard that they use to calculate grades. The exams are oral based and it all depends on how much the teacher thinks you know. For some teachers, if you can't answer two or three questions, they will fail you. There can be a lot of bias too.

Their standards of a pass grade are too high IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ari1449)
    you have to be willing to work really hard to ensure that you pass all your exams and are able to progress into the next year.
    Well done, you've just described "university".

ReputationRep:
    But for many teachers a pass would be like 70% or 80%. Their standards are really high. It can be quite absurd.
    Sounds like medical school in the UK then. None of my exams had a 50% pass mark either.

I doubt there's a reputable medical school anywhere which will allow you to progress with 30-40% (which you can do with non-medical degrees).

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, it isn't a terrible place but you have to be willing to work really hard to ensure that you pass all your exams and are able to progress into the next year.

I will warn you that for some teachers a pass is not really a 'pass'.
    For example, a pass is usually 50%, meaning if you know the basics you are qualified to attain a pass grade. But for many teachers a pass would be like 70% or 80%. Their standards are really high. It can be quite absurd.
    i'm pretty sure the guy was taking the piss...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryanthom100)
    i'm pretty sure the guy was taking the piss...
    okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Sounds like medical school in the UK then. None of my exams had a 50% pass mark either.

I doubt there's a reputable medical school anywhere which will allow you to progress with 30-40% (which you can do with non-medical degrees).
    You've got written exams though, right?

Perhaps it's just the exam style that I disagree with then.Even if you get most questions right, some of the teachers still fail you for not being able to answer a few other questions. They have no standard that they judge by. They just do whatever they feel like doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nightwingx)
    You've got written exams though, right?

Perhaps it's just the exam style that I disagree with then.Even if you get most questions right, some of the teachers still fail you for not being able to answer a few other questions. They have no standard that they judge by. They just do whatever they feel like doing.
    You have OSCE examinations, which account for more and are much harder to pass.
    At my uni, pass mark is not known on the day of the exam and is adjusted based on groups performance (for example it can be 20/25 or 15/25, depending how well we do). It has criteria such as 'showed empathy', 'treated patient with respect' etc which are very hard to assess objectively so two people doing the exact same thing might get different scores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Well done, you've just described "university".
    aw thanks

ReputationRep:
    Nightwingx are you troll or something bro lol what’s your beef with Pleven? Are you student? Or you just spreading false information on behalf of someone. Guys I’m a fifth year student ask me anything you want. I have nothing to gain or lose.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrMKUltra)
    Nightwingx are you troll or something bro lol what’s your beef with Pleven? Are you student? Or you just spreading false information on behalf of someone. Guys I’m a fifth year student ask me anything you want. I have nothing to gain or lose.
    Hey could you message me answers to these questions I have? I want to apply for Medicine in Pleven but I'm skeptical about the University:1) How is the overall studying of Medicine over there? How organised is it and how well is the curriculum in terms of studying it at Pleven?2) What are you enjoying so far at Pleven and what do you dislike so far?3) How is the city? The expenses, the lifestyle, the weather?4) What happens when students fail? Do they give them opportunities?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.