Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What uni you guys going to? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi I can’t decide whether I want to go to the University of Kent in gillingham or the University of Coventry.

I loved them both and it’s an extremely hard decision to make as no one in my family has been to university so I have to be very wise and cautious when making my choice.

Any advice or suggestions, it’ll be highly appreciated.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kivs)
    Hi I can’t decide whether I want to go to the University of Kent in gillingham or the University of Coventry.

I loved them both and it’s an extremely hard decision to make as no one in my family has been to university so I have to be very wise and cautious when making my choice.

Any advice or suggestions, it’ll be highly appreciated.
    Have you visited both?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have.

I’m going to give you my honest thoughts and opinions.

Coventry is a quiet area it’s self which I’m kind of put off by, but it has Birmingham round the corner which is quite pleasing. I also checked the rankings for Coventry and on the guardian its 12th but on another university ranking guide it was 43rd which is kind of a put off. Generally, I did like the university but i’m worried about if employees will not think as “highly” of me.

On the other hand, the university of Kent was pleasing as I liked the accommodation, the area wasn’t too bad but there are free shuttle busses that commute from and to canterbury campus which has various things to do but still lacks night life. But what I did like about kent is that it is rated high on the rankings on the majority of the websites I looked at which makes me feel that I could potentially be more employable.

Is this true?

By the way i’ve applied to do criminology and law in Coventry and criminology and justice in kent.

Sorry for the long message!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kivs)
    Yeah I have.

I’m going to give you my honest thoughts and opinions.

Coventry is a quiet area it’s self which I’m kind of put off by, but it has Birmingham round the corner which is quite pleasing. I also checked the rankings for Coventry and on the guardian its 12th but on another university ranking guide it was 43rd which is kind of a put off. Generally, I did like the university but i’m worried about if employees will not think as “highly” of me.

On the other hand, the university of Kent was pleasing as I liked the accommodation, the area wasn’t too bad but there are free shuttle busses that commute from and to canterbury campus which has various things to do but still lacks night life. But what I did like about kent is that it is rated high on the rankings on the majority of the websites I looked at which makes me feel that I could potentially be more employable.

Is this true?

By the way i’ve applied to do criminology and law in Coventry and criminology and justice in kent.

Sorry for the long message!
    Ignore league tables. Just because Kent ranks a few places higher than Coventry doesn't mean it makes you more employable. They both enjoy similar reputation (they're not elite universities, but they're good)

ReputationRep:
    hey, are you in with unconditional offers??

ReputationRep:
    Hi, yes i’ve got an unconditional for Northampton university and as I mentioned before the university of Coventry have given me the choice if i “firm” my conditional offer will become an unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    Lucky you! I only have unconditionals so far.

ReputationRep:
    You mean conditionals right?

ReputationRep:
    haha yes my bad, dreaming too big

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.