Turn on thread page Beta

So I keep getting these really bad episodes of just feeling lonely and worthless, about once a fortnight or so. ( to put things into perspective Im in year 11 and 16) and I keep feeling like even though I’m so young my life’s so short? Like everything I’m doing is like ‘my last sports day’ ‘my last Christmas in school’ etc. Also this then gets me extremely low and petrified of losing my parents when I’m older. And everyone basically says how being an adult is awful, but being s child is just like you get patronised by everyone older and saying we have it easy. Anyway that’s not my point, does anyone else get EXTREMELY down about time? Is it something I should speak to someone about or not? Also I’m having a hard time with my friends at the moment because I just feel like I’m there for everyone and get somewhat nothing in return, nobody checks up on me. And then I think about babies who don’t even live long due to illnesses and that makes me feel even worse then because I feel selfish and it’s just a vicious cycle. So does anyone else experience this or is it just me?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

You're honestly not the only one - I'm in Year 11 too and am finding it increasingly difficult. I know that we only have a matter of weeks now (thank god!) but I sometimes wake up in the morning and just think to myself, "how am I going to get through this?". I'm feeling down at the moment but you just have to try and take it a day at a time and use this forum whenever you want to seek support friendships are always hard, and especially in a time when everyone is feeling pressure. But just think, in a few months, you'll be laughing and smiling and feeling utter relief that you don't have to sit in an exam hall for a good long while! x

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So I keep getting these really bad episodes of just feeling lonely and worthless, about once a fortnight or so. ( to put things into perspective Im in year 11 and 16) and I keep feeling like even though I’m so young my life’s so short? Like everything I’m doing is like ‘my last sports day’ ‘my last Christmas in school’ etc. Also this then gets me extremely low and petrified of losing my parents when I’m older. And everyone basically says how being an adult is awful, but being s child is just like you get patronised by everyone older and saying we have it easy. Anyway that’s not my point, does anyone else get EXTREMELY down about time? Is it something I should speak to someone about or not? Also I’m having a hard time with my friends at the moment because I just feel like I’m there for everyone and get somewhat nothing in return, nobody checks up on me. And then I think about babies who don’t even live long due to illnesses and that makes me feel even worse then because I feel selfish and it’s just a vicious cycle. So does anyone else experience this or is it just me?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    You're honestly not the only one - I'm in Year 11 too and am finding it increasingly difficult. I know that we only have a matter of weeks now (thank god!) but I sometimes wake up in the morning and just think to myself, "how am I going to get through this?". I'm feeling down at the moment but you just have to try and take it a day at a time and use this forum whenever you want to seek support friendships are always hard, and especially in a time when everyone is feeling pressure. But just think, in a few months, you'll be laughing and smiling and feeling utter relief that you don't have to sit in an exam hall for a good long while! x

I’m just so fed up because I wake up everyday exhausted from revision all night and school all day!! I can’t wait for exams to be over omg!! I’m so glad someone can relate
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.