Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone looking forward to "Love, Simon"? watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    have you watched call me by your name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.J.A)
    Fair enough, if you ever finish the book there are a couple others you should read if you find a way, names Openly Straight and its sequel Honestly Ben.
    I will be reading the remainder of it whilst on the train this week.
    Will probably look into some more LGBT literature soon after. Thanks for the recommendations! Getting to read LGBT books is really helping me come to terms with my sexuality, and the Waterstones staff didn't seem to care that I was buying it. Was panicking that they would judge me for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by entertainmyfaith)
    have you watched call me by your name?
    I haven't actually. Not seen any LGBT movies before.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Joe2001)
    I haven't actually. Not seen any LGBT movies before.
    really recommend it, it's a beautiful film in terms of its acting, themes and cinematography you can probably watch it online somewhere

ReputationRep:
    I will be reading the remainder of it whilst on the train this week.
    Will probably look into some more LGBT literature soon after. Thanks for the recommendations! Getting to read LGBT books is really helping me come to terms with my sexuality, and the Waterstones staff didn't seem to care that I was buying it. Was panicking that they would judge me for it.
    I can understand how you feel. I've been out for a couple of years now and I can tell you a lot of people really won't care too much about who you like, which is a real relief. And good luck coming to terms with everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.J.A)
    I can understand how you feel. I've been out for a couple of years now and I can tell you a lot of people really won't care too much about who you like, which is a real relief. And good luck coming to terms with everything.
    Technically, I shouldn't care what a Waterstones cashier would think about my sexuality, but when you actually do it, the fear of judgement really takes over. Hopefully everyone else won't care too much about it.
    Can't wait to be out...when that day comes.

ReputationRep:
    They don't know that I am gay and would question why I want to see it given the theme.
    Not sure what to do, but will try and see it somehow. I am really excited!
    I'm not gay but I'd still want to see it. It just looks like an interesting film! Can't you always say you're going to see a film with friends?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzureCeleste)
    I'm not gay but I'd still want to see it. It just looks like an interesting film! Can't you always say you're going to see a film with friends?
    I haven't got friends to go with, so not really. It's tough making friends when you are gay and don't fit in.

ReputationRep:
    what about 13 reasons why season 2?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaimaa123)
    what about 13 reasons why season 2?
    What about it?
    I'm not actually allowed to watch it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    how old are you?
    16. Probably of age to watch it, but they don't want me to watch things like that. They disliked the suicidal themes.

ReputationRep:
    yea they are right

ReputationRep:
    yea they are right
    On the other hand, "Love, Simon" is not an inappropriate movie for me to watch, and has a relatable theme. I cannot wait to see it, if I am allowed to.

ReputationRep:
    This is proving to be quite stressful. I have been waiting to see a movie that actually interests me for years now, yet don't know how to find a way to see it. If only I had a friend that I could go with.

Still a really awesome looking movie though.

ReputationRep:
    This is proving to be quite stressful. I have been waiting to see a movie that actually interests me for years now, yet don't know how to find a way to see it. If only I had a friend that I could go with.

Still a really awesome looking movie though.
    Can't you just say your going to town or something and see the film or say you're going to the cinema to see x but then watch it or something? Or simply ask to see it and say you like the look of it from the trailer or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzureCeleste)
    Can't you just say your going to town or something and see the film or say you're going to the cinema to see x but then watch it or something? Or simply ask to see it and say you like the look of it from the trailer or something
    I might schedule a day off during the Easter holidays for me to go and see it in the Cineworld at Glasgow. I probably wouldn't say that I am going to see something as that would mean that my sister would likely try and come along.

This would be a lot easier if I had a friend to go with.

ReputationRep:
    Here is the first minute of the movie. Just a quick preview.

https://mashable.com/2018/02/27/love...k#f_1baDhYJmqk

Really cannot wait.

ReputationRep:
    Here is the first minute of the movie. Just a quick preview.

https://mashable.com/2018/02/27/love...k#f_1baDhYJmqk

Really cannot wait.
    Why don't you just watch it (when it's released) on Putlocker if you're 'not allowed', or you could just pretend to watch something else and then screen hop? Also, I recommend you watch Hidden Kisses/Baisers Cachés, it's a good LGBT film if you don't mind subtitle movies, you can watch it here: https://fmovies.su/watch/hidden-kisses.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeFrazier)
    Why don't you just watch it (when it's released) on Putlocker if you're 'not allowed', or you could just pretend to watch something else and then screen hop? Also, I recommend you watch Hidden Kisses/Baisers Cachés, it's a good LGBT film if you don't mind subtitle movies, you can watch it here: https://fmovies.su/watch/hidden-kisses.html
    Am I allowed to screen hop? If I had any friends to go with, I would probably take them along and screenhop once I am there. I just don't think I can go without my parents knowing and they would question it if I did go.

BTW- I tried the link and got a Flash Player notice. Will try and check it out later.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 1, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.