The Student Room Group

Anyone looking forward to "Love, Simon"?

Scroll to see replies

Here is a clip from the movie. I really wish that my father would say something like this to me one day, but I know that will never happen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9EGUdzp42Y
13 days until the release! Who else is excited?
No way that I can see it, but hopefully at some point.
It's out in cinemas!!!!! :smile:
Anyone seen it yet? Ironically, it has turned out to be more popular than I thought and my sister and her friends are seeing it tonight.

I haven't got anyone to go with. :frown: Will need to find a way to go!
Original post by Joe2001
It's out in cinemas!!!!! :smile:
Anyone seen it yet? Ironically, it has turned out to be more popular than I thought and my sister and her friends are seeing it tonight.

I haven't got anyone to go with. :frown: Will need to find a way to go!

Nah but I really wanna see it. And yeah I didn't expect so many people to be talking about it aha
Original post by JoeFrazier
Nah but I really wanna see it. And yeah I didn't expect so many people to be talking about it aha

I'm shocked but it seems to be very popular. I wish I could see it, but don't have anyone to go with and can hardly go to the cinema alone.
Original post by Joe2001
I'm shocked but it seems to be very popular. I wish I could see it, but don't have anyone to go with and can hardly go to the cinema alone.

Me neither, I was thinking about going alone in a city near me because then I'm unlikely to bump into anyone I know but dunno if I can be bothered.
Me neither, I was thinking about going alone in a city near me because then I'm unlikely to bump into anyone I know but dunno if I can be bothered.

Funnily enough, I just heard my mother watching the trailer downstairs. Today is proving to be a crazy day! Was thinking of going at the start of study leave, but not sure. Wish I had friends who are willing to go with me.
(edited 6 years ago)
I have planned a date to see it - April 30th. That will be my first weekday of study leave, so I can go in for study in the morning and then see it in the afternoon. My grandparents (who are very, very strong Catholics) gave me £5 for Easter, and unknown to them, that £5 will be spent on seeing a movie with a gay theme. I feel a bit rebellious, but excited that I now have a concrete plan in place to see it.
Guess who is booked for this Friday?
In 17.5 hours, I will be at the cinema and ready to watch this movie! Will provide you all with a review afterwards. I'm so excited!!!!
Original post by Joe2001
In 17.5 hours, I will be at the cinema and ready to watch this movie! Will provide you all with a review afterwards. I'm so excited!!!!

Aha nice! I've already seen it 3 times:biggrin:
Aha nice! I've already seen it 3 times:biggrin:

Did you like it?
Original post by Joe2001
Did you like it?

Yeah it’s amazing. I love the songs in it as well
Yeah it’s amazing. I love the songs in it as well

I've seen the trailers and the songs are fantastic. I genuinely cannot wait.
Left the cinema about half an hour ago. The best movie that I have seen! First time that a movie has really spoke to me.
I have seen it and it was better than expected for me, however, it still portrays gay world rather ideal, we can all say that it does not like this in the real world. I would also like to say, that the film inspired me to help people who might feel the same way as Simon and I created an e-mail, where all people who have some kind of a gay-related problem can talk to me. I am 20 now and I came out to my parents 4 years ago and I really want to help people to not feel the way Simon did because there is nothing to be ashamed of... Here is the e-mail if any of you would be interested or knew about someone who would need some kind of help or just heads-up: [email protected].

What do you think about the film?
Original post by Roubass
I have seen it and it was better than expected for me, however, it still portrays gay world rather ideal, we can all say that it does not like this in the real world. I would also like to say, that the film inspired me to help people who might feel the same way as Simon and I created an e-mail, where all people who have some kind of a gay-related problem can talk to me. I am 20 now and I came out to my parents 4 years ago and I really want to help people to not feel the way Simon did because there is nothing to be ashamed of... Here is the e-mail if any of you would be interested or knew about someone who would need some kind of help or just heads-up: [email protected].

What do you think about the film?

I think that the film was totally amazing. It was so nice to see his journey and how I could personally relate to it. I nearly cried at a few of the scenes. I still have money left on my Cineworld gift card, so might go back next week.
As a bisexual guy, probably not.
I feel like it will be dramatised to over-exaggerate problems and feelings and it will strengthen existing stereotypes or create new ones. Not good.
Essentially, what I'm trying to say is it will not reflect the real world- and of course it won't as it's a movie simply made for profit.

I just don't like people saying it will give an insight to how homosexuals live. Furthermore, I feel like it was over-hyped; take the famous "13 reasons why" which focused on suicide. There were many praises as to How "13 reasons why" taught kids not to bully.....which is really concerning if it took a T.V show to teach kids such things, and not years of education.

In the case of "Love Simon", again I doubt it will suddenly sway the feelings of a homophobic person if they can't be persuaded in real life...
You know what actually, I will watch it, but merely for entertainment purposes. I just hate the fact that it promotes itself by pretending to give a good moral story and a good insight to how homosexuals live....
SPOILERS BELOW (DON'T READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT):

Spoiler

Anyone else who has been or is planning to see it? Do you agree with my thoughts?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending