Turn on thread page Beta

I think I like this girl... and I am a girl watch

Sooo... theres this girl who ive been friends w for ages, both of us have only dated boys, but something changed in the past year and I think I like her in a non-friend way, she's implied it too, but I dont know how to go about telling her that I like her. Theres some obvious tension between us and I just dont know what to do
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sooo... theres this girl who ive been friends w for ages, both of us have only dated boys, but something changed in the past year and I think I like her in a non-friend way, she's implied it too, but I dont know how to go about telling her that I like her. Theres some obvious tension between us and I just dont know what to do
    I've been in this position before. We were both nervous about telling each other for ages and didn't know the other liked the other. But luckily she told me and the rest is history, nearly been together for 3 years my only regret is not telling her sooner good luck

(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    I've been in this position before. We were both nervous about telling each other for ages and didn't know the other liked the other. But luckily she told me and the rest is history, nearly been together for 3 years my only regret is not telling her sooner good luck

Omg im so glad somoeones has been in my position!

How actually did she tell you? If you dont mind going in detail??
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Omg im so glad somoeones has been in my position!

How actually did she tell you? If you dont mind going in detail??
    She told me over message, which I think was a really good idea because then we both had time to react and formulate a good reply rather than in person in case the other doesn’t feel the same. I can’t remember exactly how she worded it but it came across as very non pressured and relaxed, not dramatic and intense

She told me over message, which I think was a really good idea because then we both had time to react and formulate a good reply rather than in person in case the other doesn’t feel the same. I can’t remember exactly how she worded it but it came across as very non pressured and relaxed, not dramatic and intense
    Thats true... I just dont know how to word it, and maybe (though Im pretty sure I havent) Ive got the wrong end of the stick... I dont want to risk friendship
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Thats true... I just dont know how to word it, and maybe (though Im pretty sure I havent) Ive got the wrong end of the stick... I dont want to risk friendship
    I think first finding out if she does or can like girls like that (if you haven't already) and being clear that you can - that's half the way there and then just being really honest like "I'm not sure if you'd noticed but I'm starting to like you more than a friend. How do you feel about that? Obviously take your time and if you're interested we could go for dinner or something and see how things go. I'm also more than happy to be friends "

I think first finding out if she does or can like girls like that (if you haven't already) and being clear that you can - that's half the way there and then just being really honest like "I'm not sure if you'd noticed but I'm starting to like you more than a friend. How do you feel about that? Obviously take your time and if you're interested we could go for dinner or something and see how things go. I'm also more than happy to be friends "
    Tbf I am quite a honest person.... thank you for all your helo!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.