Turn on thread page Beta

History or Geography watch

ReputationRep:
    I've currently picked(well not yet because I'm in yr 9): Maths, English lit, English lang, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Religious Studies, French and History/Geography.

I'm more of a sciencey person as I get 6/7 in science but get 5's in English although I'm predicted higher grade in History(7 at the end of this year) then Geography(5+) at the end of this year. I'm currently 5 in Geography and History(I haven't received
    my recent grade yet).

I want to pursue a science career. I mean Geography is more sciency but it's just GCSE's isn't?!? I find Geography just plain boring.

Please help me.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    I did both at GCSE and both at A-Level. I prefer History. Geography is more sciencey tho (tbh I would still go for History).

Just read that you find geo boring, then go for History. TBH in the grand scheme of things it doesnt matter (if you do science a levels then you will get a science degree then career)

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    anyone else? pls

ReputationRep:
    History, wayyyyyyy more interesting, harder but more enjoyable
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    im picking my options too
    Check my thread
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5214664

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you’re so clever! I’m in year 9 and I only get 5/6, which is still clever. But I would say go for all the science options and do whatever one you like best! As long as you have the basics

ReputationRep:
    And I also heard that history helps with a lot more careers, if in the future you want to change from being a scientist

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think History would be more useful then geography even though I am in Year 9 too, go on the websife kudos and search up your job to see if you need any

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am in Year 9 and I have already made my choices. Personally, I picked Geography. It was a hard choice because I love both of these subjects however I have picked Geography because I was doing better at it than History (8b in Geography, 7b in History).

I would say that you should pick the subject that you love the most and remember, you do not have to pick either Geography or history. You can still be successful even if you do not fulfil the English Baccalaureate. In fact, Oxford does not really care about it.

You should also consider thinking about whether the subjects you are picking will help you gain more knowledge about the career you want to do (In this case, go for Geography as it has an element of Science).

I hope my advice helps and please feel free to ask any questions.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.