Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, applying to Leeds Beckett, University of Bradford and Huddersfield for MA Social Work. I am a Working with Children, Young People and Families Graduate. I have taken this year out after graduating in 2017 to get some relevant work experience.

I volunteer in 3 settings- A people referral unit with disengaged children who don't fit into mainstream school for various reasons. The children I have met here have very complex needs and have had very difficult starts to their lives. I also volunteer as a mental health group facilitator and volunteer in a befriending role with refugees and asylum seekers.

I was wondering if there is any advice you guys can give me regarding the written interview and group discussion on the interview days. I also think I am doing too much in terms of my preparing for the individual interview. Is there anything in particular I should keep my focus on?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 25, 2018

University open days

1. Leeds Beckett University
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.