Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I go skiing every February for a week, I'm starting uni in september 2018... will it be okay to miss a week of uni to go skiing? I will be taking history so it isnt a ridiculous amount of hours to miss a week...
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Lgc2000)
    I go skiing every February for a week, I'm starting uni in september 2018... will it be okay to miss a week of uni to go skiing? I will be taking history so it isnt a ridiculous amount of hours to miss a week...
    There's no way of knowing until you start the course how much harm it might do, you could have deadlines around then but you'll not know until you start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lgc2000)
    I’d suggest aiming for March in the Easter holidays, or some universities have a “reading week” with nothing timetabled which you could use, however you will have to wait until the year starts to find out which weeks they are so you can’t book until September. I’ve managed to keep up skiing by going at Christmas or Easter so see if you can! Also I really recommend joining the universities skiing or snow sports society as you will make lots of friends you have something in common with, and will be able to take cheaper lessons/trips to indoor slopes and take part in or support various competitions throughout the year.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I went mountaineering with my family for a week last week and I just went. No one has said anything so far and I did the same thing last year! Guess it depends which uni you go to
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    As Clare says. It depends. What I would say is you can probably manage it once you have your timetable and can choose the week, plus with advanced notice, then you can do work in advance plus join another tutorial group.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone, really helps

ReputationRep:
    As long as you don't frequently miss uni lectures before this you'll be fine. If you have any deadlines set for the week you go away just make sure that they are sent in before you leave. A week won't do that much harm. There's 2 lads on my course that practically never turn up, baring in mind that we started in September and it is now March in total they have only been in for about 6 weeks, their attendances are both on 27%, they both missed the exam, failed one presentation, missed another, didn't submit a group poster and didn't turn up to their work placements yet they are both still on the course so I don't think a week off will effect you.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.