Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been accepted into Josephine Butler College for next year but I'm a bit worried about the location as it seems quite a way from the town centre and shops, supermarkets, bars etc. Is there anyone living there/has lived there that could offer some reassurance or advice on this?

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am at Butler and I love it. I was concerned about the location too initially, I brought my bike up because I thought it would be a long way to walk all the time. But honestly it's the best - I wouldn't swap the location for a closer college to town centre that didn't have en-suites. With shopping etc I am in town for lectures every day so I just grab bits and bobs whenever I pass Tesco so never have to bring more than a rucksack full back up the hill.

I walk from Butler to Hild Bede every day (google map it) and trust me you just get used to the mileage, if anything it'll just get you fit!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.