what is Josephine Butler College like?

Watch
cara_grace
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've been accepted into Josephine Butler College for next year but I'm a bit worried about the location as it seems quite a way from the town centre and shops, supermarkets, bars etc. Is there anyone living there/has lived there that could offer some reassurance or advice on this?
jct1993
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello,

I am at Butler and I love it. I was concerned about the location too initially, I brought my bike up because I thought it would be a long way to walk all the time. But honestly it's the best - I wouldn't swap the location for a closer college to town centre that didn't have en-suites. With shopping etc I am in town for lectures every day so I just grab bits and bobs whenever I pass Tesco so never have to bring more than a rucksack full back up the hill.

I walk from Butler to Hild Bede every day (google map it) and trust me you just get used to the mileage, if anything it'll just get you fit!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (532)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (646)
41.25%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (316)
20.18%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise