ReputationRep:
    How are people revising? I have no idea what to do

ReputationRep:
    Same I sometimes use flash cards or mind maps summarised
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Here are some suggestions for how I revise:

- Flashcards
    You could either put questions on one side and answers on the other, or you could put vocabulary on one side and its meaning on the other for subjects such as French or Spanish. For French, I make concise notes for certain mini-topics (such as Direct Object Pronouns or Future tense) on a flashcard, so I can look over them before a test and refresh my memory.

- Making songs
    I find it useful to create new lyrics to tunes of songs which I like and will remember - for example, I rewrote the lyrics to 'Jailhouse Rock' by Elvis Presley to allow me to remember some uses of monoclonal antibodies. This method will help you get information stuck in your head with the tune, allowing you to remember your information easily - so long as you don't burst out singing in the middle of an exam!

- Past paper questions
    I find this method particularly useful for Maths and Science. You can search online for past paper questions from exams and then find the answers, checking your recall and making sure that you know your topic well.

- Videos
    I like to watch Youtube videos on the topics that I will be tested on. I would recommend the Youtube channel 'freesciencelessons', especially for Physics revision. This is because Youtube channels often present the information concisely and to the point, covering a subject in four minutes instead of in an hour.

My biggest piece of advice is to try different methods of revision and see what works best for you.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.