Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am 28, i live at home but have been working since i was 20 full time and support myself. I have a place firmed for diagnostic radiography this September in london, i will live in halls there rather than commute.

I have applied for student finance and selected to apply for the max maintenance loan, they haven't asked for any income evidence as of yet.

I was wondering if i were to change jobs in the next couple of months if this would affect/hinder my application? Or for example if i stayed in my current job until June and switched to another job if that would have any affect before starting uni in september?

thanks

Ellie
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by elpalm)
    Hi

I am 28, i live at home but have been working since i was 20 full time and support myself. I have a place firmed for diagnostic radiography this September in london, i will live in halls there rather than commute.

I have applied for student finance and selected to apply for the max maintenance loan, they haven't asked for any income evidence as of yet.

I was wondering if i were to change jobs in the next couple of months if this would affect/hinder my application? Or for example if i stayed in my current job until June and switched to another job if that would have any affect before starting uni in september?

thanks

Ellie
    Your earnings aren’t assessed for your finance. Only any unearned income (eg if you have a trust fund or a portfolio of rental properties!!!) and the income of a partner if you have one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Your earnings aren’t assessed for your finance. Only any unearned income (eg if you have a trust fund or a portfolio of rental properties!!!) and the income of a partner if you have one.
    i have none of those! so how is it worked out then?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by elpalm)
    i have none of those! so how is it worked out then?
    If you are over 25 and don’t have a partner or any unearned income then they’ll assess you as having no income and you’ll get the full income assessed loan.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.