Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Applying for law related stuff but have never had a full time job, feels a bit bear on the page when they give you so much room.

I did a small internship at a local firm, doing administrative tasks.

Is it worth putting paper rounds? I never have before but working at 6am at a young age is not so bad?

Any thoughts?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Bump
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Chichaldo)
    Applying for law related stuff but have never had a full time job, feels a bit bear on the page when they give you so much room.

I did a small internship at a local firm, doing administrative tasks.

Is it worth putting paper rounds? I never have before but working at 6am at a young age is not so bad?

Any thoughts?
    Think about it in terms of relevant skills. Does the paper round give evidence of any relevant skills. At face value, perhaps not, but if you got up at 5am for 4 years and cycled 10 miles, then there's a level of grit and determination involved which if you highlight, might be useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    Think about it in terms of relevant skills. Does the paper round give evidence of any relevant skills. At face value, perhaps not, but if you got up at 5am to 4 years and cycled 10 miles, then there's a level of grit and determination involved which if you highlight, might be useful.
    Hmm yeah, I suppose! Organisation in route planning could be construed also I guess. Cheers
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    Hmm yeah, I suppose! Organisation in route planning could be construed also I guess. Cheers
    You haven't said what stage you are at. If you are making graduate applications, then school age material is too long gone. If you are getting in a apprentice/school leaver then it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    You haven't said what stage you are at. If you are making graduate applications, then school age material is too long gone. If you are getting in a apprentice/school leaver then it's fine.
    Could have said this in the first reply 😂
    I am only a first year so hopefully it's okay haha
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    Could have said this in the first reply 😂
    I am only a first year so hopefully it's okay haha
    You can use it in your first year, but it won't be credible after that, and remember you'll be making graduate applications at the end of your second year, so you need to crack on with getting experience while at Uni.

ReputationRep:
    You can use it in your first year, but it won't be credible after that, and remember you'll be making graduate applications at the end of your second year, so you need to crack on with getting experience while at Uni.
    Hence applying to these insight days, vac schemes and campus ambassador roles! Also applied for coordinator roles for the gym sports clubs, manage a football team, mooting and pro bono volunteering, can't forget my degree xD
    Cheers for the help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.