Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Educational Development watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for masters in international education departments (in terms of educational development in less developed countries).

I got offers quite immediately from Sussex and UCL and Oxbridge is under process still. Sussex and Cambridge have a seperate institute (or centre) only for this theme. My question is what school to choose. Sussex I see in the QS world ranking #1 for development studies however this includes many fields. My career goal is to work for UN in the related field later. Does anyone know well about this field and then kindly comment, please?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mariposas)
    I have applied for masters in international education departments (in terms of educational development in less developed countries).

I got offers quite immediately from Sussex and UCL and Oxbridge is under process still. Sussex and Cambridge have a seperate institute (or centre) only for this theme. My question is what school to choose. Sussex I see in the QS world ranking #1 for development studies however this includes many fields. My career goal is to work for UN in the related field later. Does anyone know well about this field and then kindly comment, please?
    Rankings mean nothing really. Look at where grads end up, what research you will be exposed to and can do and what links the courses have with the field.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Rankings mean nothing really. Look at where grads end up, what research you will be exposed to and can do and what links the courses have with the field.
    Thank you much!!! Will keep in mind and think again

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.