Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi everyone,

So basically Semester 1 exam results were released yesterday from my uni’s School of Languages. I’m overall quite pleased with my results but I was absolutely mortified when I discovered that I had actually failed one of my modules (French translation).

The module equates to exactly 20% of final year French Language. During this exam in particular, I remember feeling very ill and stressed out. I have a medical condition which has been accepted as part of mitigating circumstances for last semester.

There is ongoing strike action at my uni and I’m worried that feedback time may be quite limited. I have however booked in to see my French translation tutor as a matter of priority.

I’m currently waiting to hear back from uni as to whether I may be entitled to resit or not with my mitigating circumstances.

Long shot I know but is there anyone else out there who has found themselves in a similar position to me?

I worked so damned hard on this particular translation component that the news came as a huge shock. I was averaging between a mid 2:1 to a high 2:2 so a fail has been a real kick in the teeth.

My other module results for Semester 1 have been really pleasing indeed. Translation is letting me down - big time. Can I still pull off a good classification in my finals if I can’t resit?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated right now. Thanks! 😊
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.