Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I visited Nottingham Trent last weekend, and really enjoyed it, however, after having asked about accommodation, I was told that all city centre campus has been booked. I visited Blenheim, however the long walk up the hill and the seemingly disconnected feel between the flats and the social centre of Nottingham didn't appeal to me personally. What are my options? I have looked at private city student accommodation but do not know much about it. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think there are still some spaces left at Simpsons, which is where I've chosen. It's about a 20 minute walk away from the City Campus and from what I know is fairly close to the social areas of Nottingham. On the NTU website they say this about Simpsons:
    "If you like the idea of living in a lively, popular area, this residence is ideal for you. Close to the Lenton student community, Simpsons is minutes away from student-friendly bars, clubs and takeaways"
    so it might be a good choice for you as you seem to want to be fairly close to the social areas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonicmonkey2000)
    I think there are still some spaces left at Simpsons, which is where I've chosen. It's about a 20 minute walk away from the City Campus and from what I know is fairly close to the social areas of Nottingham. On the NTU website they say this about Simpsons:
    "If you like the idea of living in a lively, popular area, this residence is ideal for you. Close to the Lenton student community, Simpsons is minutes away from student-friendly bars, clubs and takeaways"
    so it might be a good choice for you as you seem to want to be fairly close to the social areas.
    Thanks for the reply
    Did you have a look at the private accommodation? Its for students, and I reckon once the uni see all their accommodation is booked, they will turn to these. The private accommodation is the same prices and right in the centre, so Im wondering whether this could be a good move.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattmca107)
    Thanks for the reply
    Did you have a look at the private accommodation? Its for students, and I reckon once the uni see all their accommodation is booked, they will turn to these. The private accommodation is the same prices and right in the centre, so Im wondering whether this could be a good move.
    I haven't looked into unfortunately, I'm sure it would be a good idea to look into it though. When you say all accommodation is booked, what do you mean? Just because I only booked my room last week and there were plenty of spaces left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonicmonkey2000)
    I haven't looked into unfortunately, I'm sure it would be a good idea to look into it though. When you say all accommodation is booked, what do you mean? Just because I only booked my room last week and there were plenty of spaces left.
    Sorry, I meant accommodation in the city’s centre. I belive all accommodation outside city centre including Blenheim are still available

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattmca107)
    Sorry, I meant accommodation in the city’s centre. I belive all accommodation outside city centre including Blenheim are still available
    Ohh I see, my bad. Do you think you're gonna start looking into private accommodation now then?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 25, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.