Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive received all my 5 offers, all of which ive applied for business and management. I was about to accept an unconditional offer, but then i was questioning whether i want to do business. Tbh im finding it lowkey boring now but dont know if thats just cos i go to a college where ive made little good friends. I sort of wanna do psychology at uni, but all of my a levels are business related (business,law and LIBF/IFS financial studies) and i never did it at gcse PLUS my bloody ucas statement is all about business. I was rushed by my college to apply for ucas and the deadline they set didnt offer me time to think, something im realising now I was excited to accept the offer, study business, move out and forward in life but omds fam im gonna live (probably) for like another 60-70 years. If there is a way i can apply for psychology at uni like NOW, what are my options!??

Thank you for reading my ppppppooooossssssttttttttt

ReputationRep:
    In short: Yes you can. Someone else who knows a lot more on the topic than me will most likely be typing up a more detailed response! Hopefully this quicker reply gives a tad bit of confidence to the topic.

ReputationRep:
    You can apply for psychology through ucas extra. If you haven't accepted any of your offers for business then you can apply for psychology. All you have to do is sign into ucas extra and you will need to write a new personal statement for psychology and email it to them
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lxtte23)
    You can apply for psychology through ucas extra. If you haven't accepted any of your offers for business then you can apply for psychology. All you have to do is sign into ucas extra and you will need to write a new personal statement for psychology and email it to them

I flipping love the people on studentroom, so nice and helpful. Thats great to know, but with UCAS extra will i only be able to apply to one uni or the same as before with 5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baba tundae)
    Ive received all my 5 offers, all of which ive applied for business and management. I was about to accept an unconditional offer, but then i was questioning whether i want to do business. Tbh im finding it lowkey boring now but dont know if thats just cos i go to a college where ive made little good friends. I sort of wanna do psychology at uni, but all of my a levels are business related (business,law and LIBF/IFS financial studies) and i never did it at gcse PLUS my bloody ucas statement is all about business. I was rushed by my college to apply for ucas and the deadline they set didnt offer me time to think, something im realising now I was excited to accept the offer, study business, move out and forward in life but omds fam im gonna live (probably) for like another 60-70 years. If there is a way i can apply for psychology at uni like NOW, what are my options!??

Thank you for reading my ppppppooooossssssttttttttt
    You don't need to use Extra yet. Look at the Psychology courses at your five unis. If you like any of them contact admissions and ask to change course. They might want a new PS. They might say no or they might change your offer to Psychology.

If that doesn't work you can reject all your Business offers and try Extra. There is always Clearing in August or a gap year.

EDIT: However, make sure you know what you want before making these decisions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If anyone ever comes across this post cos maybe theyre stuck in the same pickle as moi, YOUR BOY CHANGED HIS COURSE TO PSYCHOLOGY AND THE OFFER REMAINED UNCONDITIONAL. Just be sure its the uni u wanna go to, look at the courses available pick one that you like, call admissions who will probably tell you to email them about ur situation and if they dont reply after a few days, call admissions up again and then they will deffo reply on that day. LUCKILY I DIDNT NEED TO WRITE UP A NEW PERSONAL STATEMENT BUT YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO.

peace n blessings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baba tundae)
    If anyone ever comes across this post cos maybe theyre stuck in the same pickle as moi, YOUR BOY CHANGED HIS COURSE TO PSYCHOLOGY AND THE OFFER REMAINED UNCONDITIONAL. Just be sure its the uni u wanna go to, look at the courses available pick one that you like, call admissions who will probably tell you to email them about ur situation and if they dont reply after a few days, call admissions up again and then they will deffo reply on that day. LUCKILY I DIDNT NEED TO WRITE UP A NEW PERSONAL STATEMENT BUT YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO.

peace n blessings
    There you go!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.