Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    we did our mocks recently for english language and i got a 7, i wasnt necessarily unhappy but i thought i could do better. turns out i got a 8/9 in all of them apart from one where i got a 5. and thats the one that worries me
    im doing wjec eduqas and its the question that asks you to "write a magazine article" or "write a speech encouraging students to be proactive over the summer holidays" or "write an article on how teens should cope with parents" - theres no bullet points to tell me what to write about and i just have no idea? I mean how are my ideas on what people should do over the summer holidays related to english whatsoever? im really worried about this question because i fear that when it comes up and its some stupid article about "managing parents" or something i dont have a clue on what to write. for the mock i only wrote a couple short paragraphs because i just didnt know what to write, and what do they mark you for? your ideas? or how you get them across? does anyone have any tips on how to answer these questions?

ReputationRep:
    Is it the one where you get 2 texts from different periods? If it is than I suggest you keep using DAFORSET and metaphors, similes etc. That will get you the high marks, and it's best to pick words and phrases from the tests, not to quote but to steal. You can also look at Mr bruff's videos.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Robot)
    Is it the one where you get 2 texts from different periods? If it is than I suggest you keep using DAFORSET and metaphors, similes etc. That will get you the high marks, and it's best to pick words and phrases from the tests, not to quote but to steal. You can also look at Mr bruff's videos.
    no its the one where you have to write your own. ie the question is just " write a lively news article on how teens can cope with their parents" its the last one
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Gent2324)
    we did our mocks recently for english language and i got a 7, i wasnt necessarily unhappy but i thought i could do better. turns out i got a 8/9 in all of them apart from one where i got a 5. and thats the one that worries me
    im doing wjec eduqas and its the question that asks you to "write a magazine article" or "write a speech encouraging students to be proactive over the summer holidays" or "write an article on how teens should cope with parents" - theres no bullet points to tell me what to write about and i just have no idea? I mean how are my ideas on what people should do over the summer holidays related to english whatsoever? im really worried about this question because i fear that when it comes up and its some stupid article about "managing parents" or something i dont have a clue on what to write. for the mock i only wrote a couple short paragraphs because i just didnt know what to write, and what do they mark you for? your ideas? or how you get them across? does anyone have any tips on how to answer these questions?
    It doesn't matter what you write about, so long as you write it well (hit all the grade descriptors, use all the techniques you can etc). Doesn't matter if it's the most cliched rubbish ever, that's not what they're looking for in that section!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 25, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.