Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just wanna ask why everyone is so financially illiterate? You may say something like schools don't teach it but can't they learn themselves? I did ...

Most people find comfort in getting paid pay check to pay check and I know they struggle financially. It's just what people do with their money.

I'm 17 currently going to start up a business and start investing in real estate. I'll be fixed by the time I'm 30 with an average of 10k of passive income but my aim is 60k a month either by the time I'm 40 or 50.

Also, school is ******** in my opinion. All they do is set you up for a job. Corporate or whatever but most of them are depressed (Including teachers).

I may have got some things wrong because I'm making an overall judgment from my perspective. So for the inconvenience, sorry.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by SubhanAslam)
    I just wanna ask why everyone is so financially illiterate? You may say something like schools don't teach it but can't they learn themselves? I did ...

Most people find comfort in getting paid pay check to pay check and I know they struggle financially. It's just what people do with their money.

I'm 17 currently going to start up a business and start investing in real estate. I'll be fixed by the time I'm 30 with an average of 10k of passive income but my aim is 60k a month either by the time I'm 40 or 50.

Also, school is ******** in my opinion. All they do is set you up for a job. Corporate or whatever but most of them are depressed (Including teachers).

I may have got some things wrong because I'm making an overall judgment from my perspective. So for the inconvenience, sorry.
    Everyone?
    Good for you.
    Some people quite like getting an education and a job.

ReputationRep:
    I am guessing this is a bragging thread. You did not have to add all of that stuff in order for us to answer your question. Firstly, it should be taught in schools since it is a really important part of life and if you know nothing about it I doubt you would be able to teach yourself.

ReputationRep:

Great. You're from a privileged background. Good for you.

Not everyone is. And the education system shouldn't leave out key aspects to life on the basis of "You should teach yourself" - Not everyone has parents or resources to help them out with certain topics.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)
    Great. You're from a privileged background. Good for you.

Not everyone is. And the education system shouldn't leave out key aspects to life on the basis of "You should teach yourself" - Not everyone has parents or resources to help them out with certain topics.
    I wouldn't say I'm from a privileged background. My dad owns his own store and earns 50k a year but he's intelligent but he's average in my opinion. My other family members know nothing about this stuff plus cousins, aunts, uncles know **** all. I'm going to change the course of my life and become the richest within my family. So you shouldn't say I'm from a privileged background. My dad came to the UK and worked his ****ing ass off just like my grandpa. It's just that people don't self-educate themselves in my opinion. Most people live paycheck to paycheck but I plan to have passive income. Also i go to a public school which also means I'm not privileged.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say I'm from a privileged background. My dad owns his own store and earns 50k a year but he's intelligent but he's average in my opinion. My other family members know nothing about this stuff plus cousins, aunts, uncles know **** all. I'm going to change the course of my life and become the richest within my family. So you shouldn't say I'm from a privileged background. My dad came to the UK and worked his ****ing ass off just like my grandpa. It's just that people don't self-educate themselves in my opinion. Most people live paycheck to paycheck but I plan to have passive income. Also i go to a public school which also means I'm not privileged.
    Most people live paycheck to paycheck because it’s the bare minimum of what they need to live on. They’re working, that’s what matters. You’re right in knowing that not everyone is incredibly effective with their money, but not everyone has the motivation or the background to have encouraged them to consider that sort of thing.

The fact that you’re aiming to be “The richest in your family” is a rather juvenile dream. Money doesn’t have to equate to success.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Define financially illiterate? I can guarantee you the last thing most hormonal teenagers care about is budgeting. Most learn as they get older.

Some people want an easy life and don't care much about money. Honestly, you need to have an entrepreneurial spirit to start a successful business. Most don't have it.

I think you'd like the blog; http://wallstreetplayboys.com/

Well what do you expect them to teach you...?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there don't know what you're talking about.

You have a business in real estate? how sweet.

Yeah school prepares you for the realm of employment so that we don't have a society full of delusional "future businessmen" some people struggle to make ends meet, some people. some people do pretty well from your average job.

may I ask how you plan to get the overheads for this? (I can already guess, but please entertain me)

My aim is 60k a month, hey guess what the prime minister earns 10k less than you, per annum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rickyrossman)
    Define financially illiterate? I can guarantee you the last thing most hormonal teenagers care about is budgeting. Most learn as they get older.

Some people want an easy life and don't care much about money. Honestly, you need to have an entrepreneurial spirit to start a successful business. Most don't have it.

I think you'd like the blog; http://wallstreetplayboys.com/

Well what do you expect them to teach you...?
    I like how you kind of understand my point of view and I think I'll love that website thanks!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.