Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    Why?

Why havent you made friends at the new school?

Your step dad sounded a prat.

Just do your studies and get to uni. Be sure to make an effort socially when there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Why?

Why havent you made friends at the new school?

Your step dad sounded a prat.

Just do your studies and get to uni. Be sure to make an effort socially when there.
    I did but it didn't work out (the friendship).My grandma is the nicest person in the world despite living incredibly far away she is available 24/7 by the phone whenever I need to speak to her about anything.As well as each time I visit her for the holidays she always cooks me whatever I like and she is a very good listener.I feel incredibly privileged to have such an amazing grandma.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I did but it didn't work out (the friendship).My grandma is the nicest person in the world despite living incredibly far away she is available 24/7 by the phone whenever I need to speak to her about anything.As well as each time I visit her for the holidays she always cooks me whatever I like and she is a very good listener.

Not everyone has a friend anywhere near as good as that so be sure to look after her. A levels arent long. You can make friends later.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried to make friends with the people that sit next to you in your classes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Have you tried to make friends with the people that sit next to you in your classes?
    Yes did not work out either not too bothered.I prefer to be alone than in bad company and I can actually focus on getting my work done.It feels lonely sometimes but a levels are only 2 years worth of my life which if doen successfuly can allow me to pursue medicine my absolute dream job then I may meet friends who are actually nice and don't treat me badly e.g. allows speak in a foregin language between each other despite us all having a common language (english),ignore me and make me feel inadequate and not good about myself.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Put it this way OP, 1 > 0

Try talk to more people your age though, you’ll make some friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Put it this way OP, 1 > 0

Try talk to more people your age though, you’ll make some friends
    Oh I tried trust me not too bothered about it.I want people to like me for me not for what I can provide them with or for how good I am at adapting my personality to fit their preferences.If someone does not like me for me it is their problem not mine I will never stop being who I am.I used to feel bad about who I am and quite embarrassed (low self esteem) wanted to fit in only to be left feeling even worse.

ReputationRep:
    Yes did not work out either not too bothered.I prefer to be alone than in bad company and I can actually focus on getting my work done.It feels lonely sometimes but a levels are only 2 years worth of my life which if doen successfuly can allow me to pursue medicine my absolute dream job then I may meet friends who are actually nice and don't treat me badly e.g. allows speak in a foregin language between each other despite us all having a common language (english),ignore me and make me feel inadequate and not good about myself.
    Its good that you don't bother with them then if they do that, but im sure you will find a good friend in your year group eventually .
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Oh I tried trust me not too bothered about it.I want people to like me for me not for what I can provide them with or for how good I am at adapting my personality to fit their preferences.If someone does not like me for me it is their problem not mine I will never stop being who I am.I used to feel bad about who I am and quite embarrassed (low self esteem) wanted to fit in only to be left feeling even worse.
    That’s good. Also, nothing wrong with only having 1 friend, so if you’re happy about it then you don’t really need to make new ones.

& not trying to sound grim but your grandma is probably old. What are you gonna do when...you know. Keep trying to talk to more people, you’ll find at least another person compatible with you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm really sorry to hear this

Feel free to PM if you want!
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Have you thought about pets?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Have you thought about pets?
    I have 3 (2 guinea pigs and 1 bunny) love them to bits.

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 (2 guinea pigs and 1 bunny) love them to bits.
    guinea pigs? CoolCavy you two should chat

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.