Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In about 3 weeks I’ve got an interview at Lancaster university to see whether I’m eligible for an unconditional offer as I already have a conditional offer.
    I was wondering if anyone has been to one of these kinds of interviews and knows any of the questions they might ask?

ReputationRep:
    I went to one for English Language and Linguistics a few weeks ago and they were super informal, the woman I had basically just spent 15 minutes chatting with me about my personal statement, so make sure you know it inside out (and also ensure that if some of it is BS, you can blag it, which was my problem). They might ask something about where you’re thinking of going with the degree, e.g. careers-wise or further study, and then they ask you if you have any questions for them, so maybe prepare some because it’s always good to appear proactive. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much this is so useful!😊😊
    (Original post by sambo2000)
    I went to one for English Language and Linguistics a few weeks ago and they were super informal, the woman I had basically just spent 15 minutes chatting with me about my personal statement, so make sure you know it inside out (and also ensure that if some of it is BS, you can blag it, which was my problem). They might ask something about where you’re thinking of going with the degree, e.g. careers-wise or further study, and then they ask you if you have any questions for them, so maybe prepare some because it’s always good to appear proactive. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellecsmith)
    Thank you so much this is so useful!😊😊
    Sorry for the late reply but no worries, if you have any more questions about it I’m happy to answer them. Good luck for your interview, it seems to me that everyone who went for one ended up getting an unconditional (or at least everyone I’ve asked did) so you should be absolutely fine 😊 - what course is it for?

ReputationRep:
    It’s for Spanish with English Lit 😁

ReputationRep:
    It’s for Spanish with English Lit 😁
    That’s an interesting combo, have you got any idea where you’d take that in the future?

ReputationRep:
    That’s an interesting combo, have you got any idea where you’d take that in the future?
    Honestly I've got no idea. On my year abroad, I'm hoping to teach English with the British Council, so if I enjoy that then teaching might be an option. There's languages jobs in MI5 which would be super cool, if not a bit unrealistic

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I've got no idea. On my year abroad, I'm hoping to teach English with the British Council, so if I enjoy that then teaching might be an option. There's languages jobs in MI5 which would be super cool, if not a bit unrealistic
    Yeah that would be awesome to do, sounds like you’ve got more of a plan than most

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that would be awesome to do, sounds like you’ve got more of a plan than most
    Thank you are you at uni?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you are you at uni?
    I’m starting this year at Lancaster

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 8, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.